Airbus Helicopters Inc. has named Robert Boman to the position of Director/Site Manager for the company’s Columbus, Miss. helicopter assembly plant and operations.
In this position Boman is responsible for management and administration of the Columbus facility, including compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration and Defense Contract Management Agency regulatory agencies, human resources, safety and environmental programs, and site security. He will coordinate with senior Airbus Helicopters Inc. leaders for military and commercial aircraft programs, quality, flight operations, finance and human resources.
Boman joined Airbus Helicopters Inc. in 2008 as head of human resources in Columbus. He had a 23-year career in the U.S. Air Force, retiring with the rank of chief master sergeant. Boman has extensive experience in operations, staffing and human resources functions. He lives in Sulligent, Ala., where he has been elected to the city council and is police commissioner.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. operates a final assembly plant and production aircraft flight test in Columbus, where it produces UH-72A Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army. The plant has delivered 337 consecutive UH-72A aircraft on time, on budget and meeting Army quality requirements. The Columbus plant also produces Airbus H125 commercial helicopters, a market leading helicopter for airborne law enforcement, utility and air medical missions.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock