Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announces that they have received FAA Validation of their Transport Canada STC SH14-50 (FAA SR03524NY) for installation of the Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module. This complements the G500H PFD/MFD, or any EFIS package in a light helicopter, replacing analog instruments. This STC is applicable to light Airbus (Eurocopter) Helicopters, including AS350, AS355, EC120, EC130 series, and more.
The MD302 Standby Attitude Module provides critical flight and situational data to the pilot. The design is built around a solid-state electronic sensor array for high reliability and contains an integral and rechargeable Nanophosphate® lithium-ion battery that can power the unit for up to two hours if main aircraft power is lost. The dual, high resolution LCD display uses smooth graphics, daylight-readable brightness and a configurable lighting response curve to ensure optimal visibility in all conditions.
SAM is designed for simple and intuitive operation. The central Control Knob can be located at the bottom-centre, middle-left or middle-right of the unit bezel depending on the installation orientation. This is the only user interface device on the unit. The MD302 is installed to receive ARINC data from the Primary Flight Display (PFD), the BARO value will automatically synchronize. Manually changing the MD302 barometric setting will override the external source.
About Maxcraft Avionics Ltd.
Maxcraft specializes in avionics design, installation, and maintenance. Its design services group is among the most professional in Canada, and holds an extensive catalogue of exclusive STCs. Maxcraft’s client base includes operators for all types of aircraft including private, commercial, business, charter, corporate, airline, police, military and air ambulance. As an AMO its state-of-the-art shop facilities provide full service support to the private and commercial fixed wing market as well as the helicopter sector. Maxcraft Avionics can be found on the web at www.maxcraft.ca or may be reached at 604-465-3080.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet