Kaman Corporation today announced that its board of directors has appointed Chief Financial Officer Robert D. Starr Executive Vice President, effective July 1st. He will continue to serve as the Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
“Since becoming CFO Rob has played a key role in developing and supporting our growth initiatives and providing financial stewardship. His drive, intellect and passion for our company serve us well. This promotion is well deserved,” stated Neal J. Keating, Chairman, President and CEO.
Starr, who joined the Company in 2009, currently serves as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and was previously Vice President and Treasurer. Prior to joining Kaman, Starr was employed by Crane Co. (NYSE: CR) of Stamford, Connecticut, a $2.6 billion diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products, where he served as Assistant Treasurer. He also previously served as Managing Director, Corporate Finance at Aetna, Inc. of Hartford, Connecticut and as Director, Capital Markets and Risk Management at Fisher Scientific International, Inc. of Hampton, New Hampshire. Starr also was an associate at both Salomon Smith Barney in New York and Chase Securities, Inc. in New York and Singapore. He began his career as an auditor with Laventhol & Horwath in New York. Starr received a Master of Business Administration degree in finance and marketing from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business in 1997, and he holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Michigan, which he received in 1989. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.
About Kaman Corporation
Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), which was founded in 1945 by aviation pioneer Charles H. Kaman is headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut. Kaman conducts business in the aerospace and distribution markets. The Company is a leading distributor of industrial parts, and operates more than 250 customer service centers and five distribution centers across the United States and Puerto Rico. Kaman offers more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical, material handling, motion control, fluid power, automation and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Kaman also provides engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Additionally, the company produces and/or markets widely used proprietary aircraft bearings and components; complex metallic and composite aerostructures for commercial, military and general aviation fixed and rotary wing aircraft; aerostructure engineering design analysis and FAA certification services; safe and arm solutions for missile and bomb systems for the U.S. and allied militaries; subcontract helicopter work; and support for the company’s SH-2G Super Seasprite maritime helicopters and K-MAX medium-to-heavy lift helicopters.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring