VIH Aerospace (VIHA – www.vihaerospace.com), a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services has delivered its latest custom helicopter paint job on a Bell 205 for its US-based customer Helimax Aviation on June 1st, 2015. Helimax Aviation (www.helimaxaviation.com) specializes in providing a variety of aerial support services including passenger transport; forestry firefighting and long-line lift operations.
“We are pleased to have the opportunity to undertake this paint job on behalf of Helimax Aviation. This project included a complete paint scheme and color change, which entailed mechanically and chemically stripping the entire helicopter down to the bare metal, followed by a comprehensive inspection of all external panels and cowlings. Once completed, detailed body work and body fill were performed to ensure that our paint team had an unblemished surface to apply paint.
The final product speaks for itself – this is an in-house custom paint job; delivered at a very high standard and on budget,” explains Arne Arneson, General Manager of VIH Aerospace.
In addition to the complete strip and painting of the Helimax Aviation Bell 205, VIH Aerospace also performed major structural improvements and repairs including installation of a BLR FastFin® and replacement of the helicopter’s damaged ‘horse collar.’
VIH Aerospace has extensive experience delivering premium quality standard and custom paint jobs on a variety of fixed with aircraft from its Victoria, British Columbia facilities. Aircraft types range from Cessna 150s up to a variety of Bell medium, Airbus AS30 / AS355, Kamov and Sikorsky S61 and S92 helicopter models. Arneson elaborates, stating that the ability and desire to meet specific requirements is a key deliverable for VIH Aerospace, and that every project is individually tailored to accommodate operator preferences and budget.
VIHA offers a comprehensive suite of services including:
aircraft refurbishment/completions, structural repair, component overhaul, paint, avionics and electrical installations, modification and upgrades, scheduled inspections, product engineering, Supplemental Type Certificate Development and parts/special operations equipment sales.
Aircraft types supported by VIHA include:
•Bell Helicopter 205/206/212/407/222/230
•Sikorsky S-61 and S-92
About VIH Aerospace
VIH Aerospace services include airframe & component MRO, Engineering & Design, Fabrication & Refurbishment, Avionics & Electrical & Non-Destructive Testing; all performed to Original Equipment Manufacturer specification and in accordance to aviation industry regulatory bodies and organizations.
A complete overview of VIHA capabilities can be viewed at www.vihaerospace.com.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1