Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has delivered its 200th Turbomeca Arriel engine overhaul from its Fort Collins facility – distinguishing Heli-One as an MRO leader on that series of engines. (http://www.heli-one.ca).
The 200 overhaul milestone was reached when completing a 3,600 hour inspection and overhaul of a Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 engine for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD). LASD relies on Heli-One to assure their fleet of AS350 aircraft is mission ready to service one of the most diverse geographies in the United States.
Applying their expertise of the Arriel engine, the Heli-One crew worked closely with LASD to build a maintenance forecast, organize resources and execute on a plan that saw the overhaul completed in just 45 days instead of the anticipated 60. This enabled LASD to resume critical helicopter services more than two weeks ahead of schedule.
“We are persistent in developing and applying maintenance and service solutions tailored to the specific needs of our customers to improve reliability and reduce turnaround times. This approach, combined with our expertise frequently lowers costs for our customers,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
The maintenance crew’s extensive knowledge of Arriel engines enabled Heli-One to reduce the time required to complete LASD’s Arriel engine overhaul by 25 percent, while maintaining exceptional quality.
Heli-One’s leading helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services include certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One is part of CHC Helicopter, a leader in enabling customers to go further, do more and come home safely. In addition to MRO services, CHC provides offshore transportation to oil-and-gas companies and flight services to search-and-rescue agencies. The company operates more than 230 aircraft in about 30 countries around the world. Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE: HELI).
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator