Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has delivered its 200th Turbomeca Arriel engine overhaul from its Fort Collins facility – distinguishing Heli-One as an MRO leader on that series of engines. (http://www.heli-one.ca).
The 200 overhaul milestone was reached when completing a 3,600 hour inspection and overhaul of a Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 engine for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD). LASD relies on Heli-One to assure their fleet of AS350 aircraft is mission ready to service one of the most diverse geographies in the United States.
Applying their expertise of the Arriel engine, the Heli-One crew worked closely with LASD to build a maintenance forecast, organize resources and execute on a plan that saw the overhaul completed in just 45 days instead of the anticipated 60. This enabled LASD to resume critical helicopter services more than two weeks ahead of schedule.
“We are persistent in developing and applying maintenance and service solutions tailored to the specific needs of our customers to improve reliability and reduce turnaround times. This approach, combined with our expertise frequently lowers costs for our customers,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
The maintenance crew’s extensive knowledge of Arriel engines enabled Heli-One to reduce the time required to complete LASD’s Arriel engine overhaul by 25 percent, while maintaining exceptional quality.
Heli-One’s leading helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services include certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One is part of CHC Helicopter, a leader in enabling customers to go further, do more and come home safely. In addition to MRO services, CHC provides offshore transportation to oil-and-gas companies and flight services to search-and-rescue agencies. The company operates more than 230 aircraft in about 30 countries around the world. Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE: HELI).
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence