VIH Aerospace (VIHA), a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services announces the delivery of an upgraded Airbus AS350 to Helimax Aviation Limited on June 3rd, 2015.
“The upgrade to Helimax Aviation’s AS350 was comprised two elements. The first was the installation of a wire strike kit; which is a routine installation for the VIH Aerospace team,’ explains Arne Arneson, General Manager of VIH Aerospace.
Arneson continues, expanding on the more complex nature of the second half of the upgrade to equip the aircraft for United States Forestry Services (USFS) contracts. ‘Upgrades include a new audio system for the pilot and passengers comprised of two AEM AMS-43 ICS units, a DZMX satcom/flight-following system; two TDFM136 digital FM radios; a USFS Aux FM radio interface, USB power hubs and a new Radar Altimeter unit interfaced into a Garmin G500H display. Integration of this equipment and accompanying antennas, etc,” he explains.
Arneson brings specific attention to the calculated approach necessary to determining how and where the new equipment and antennas were to be positioned and installed for proper operation. Additionally, CAD modeling; detailed engineering wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings were developed for submission to obtain the various levels of required Federal Aviation Administration approvals.
The end result of the project is that Helimax’s AS350 is now a modernized version that offers enhanced levels of safety and capability. The aircraft is fully-compliant to perform rigorous contract work on behalf of the USFS, as well as a variety of other ‘on demand’ operations.
VIHA offers a comprehensive suite of services including:
aircraft refurbishment/completions, structural repair, component overhaul, paint, avionics and electrical installations, modification and upgrades, scheduled inspections, product engineering, Supplemental Type Certificate Development and parts/special operations equipment sales.
Aircraft types supported by VIHA include:
• Bell Helicopter 205/206/212/407/222/230
• Sikorsky S-61 and S-92
• Airbus AS350
About VIH Aerospace
VIH Aerospace services include airframe & component MRO, Engineering & Design, Fabrication & Refurbishment, Avionics & Electrical & Non-Destructive Testing; all performed to Original Equipment Manufacturer specification and in accordance to aviation industry regulatory bodies and organizations.
A complete overview of VIHA capabilities can be viewed at www.vihaerospace.com
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring