Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it has reached a lease agreement for two helicopters with Titan Helicopter Group (“Titan”), a leading provider of helicopter services with operations spanning South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Libya, Peru, Antarctica, Mozambique, India and the Ivory Coast.
The AW139 delivered new from AgustaWestland as part of Waypoint’s order book and the Sikorsky S76C+ is a purchase and leaseback from the Titan fleet. Both aircraft will be operated by Titan to provide offshore crew change support in South Africa and Namibia.
Ed Washecka, CEO of Waypoint Leasing, said, “We are excited to be part of Titan’s continued expansion. Titan is the largest helicopter services company in South Africa with a great history of operating on several continents, and we appreciate their confidence in Waypoint.”
“We are pleased to commence our relationship with Waypoint Leasing with the closing of our first transaction together,” explained Titan Chairman Martin Steynberg. “With the Waypoint team’s experience as operators they understand what is important for customers. The addition of our second AW139 will enhance our capabilities further to offer the latest technology equipment to our clientele.”
About Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited
Waypoint Leasing is a global helicopter leasing company that provides operating lease and financing solutions to helicopter operators worldwide. Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland, Waypoint Leasing differentiates itself with a senior management team that has direct helicopter operating and leasing experience in key helicopter markets around the world, having leased helicopters across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North and South America. Waypoint Leasing serves a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting and governmental support.
Further information is available at www.waypointleasing.com.
About Titan Helicopter Group
The Titan Helicopter Group (THG) is South African based and was started in 1993.
Our helicopter operations provide professional lateral solutions to customer requirements throughout the world, with particular emphasis on safety and efficiency on each and every flight. Creativity plays a key role in the management of our supply chain, logistics, distribution, people transportation and exceptional customer service. THG has grown, utilizing this “Wide Niche” strategy, into a multi-capability, global organization with experience in some of the most demanding conditions on the planet. Our international footprint includes operations in countries such as Malaysia, Sudan, Mozambique, Angola, India, Antarctica, Afghanistan, Equatorial Guinea, Libya and the Ivory Coast. Today THG ranks as the number one large helicopter group in South Africa, with a diverse clientele including governments, oil companies and relief aid agencies, worldwide.
Further information is available at www.titanhelicopters.com
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza