Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global company of aviation services is pleased to announce two new contracts:
1) The first contract with Repsol will provide crew and cargo transport to the North Slope of Alaska. This agreement will guarantee the use of medium lift aircraft to support Repsol’s oil and gas operations and provide emergency response services, if needed. This contract extends Erickson’s global partnership with Repsol, as they also conduct business together in South America.
2) The second contract with the US Department of Transportation will continue to provide weekly, year-round helicopter service to people and cargo between Nome, Wales and Little Diomede, Alaska for one year. The community of Little Diomede is located in the Arctic Circle near the International Date Line, along the shore of a steep mountain in the Bering Sea. The Essential Air Service is often the only lifeline the community has with the Mainland, especially during inclement weather, when traveling by boat or fixed wing aircraft is impossible. Erickson has been providing airlift services to the community of Little Diomede for more than 50
years, and is committed to continue this essential support.
Jeff Roberts, CEO and President of Erickson stated, “Our Company’s presence in Alaska has spanned more than five decades and continues to be an important part of our operations. Our focus on safety, serving in remote locations and striving for operational efficiency under often challenging conditions makes these partnerships a good fit.”
The company has more than 50 years of experience serving Alaska, and specializes in key military contracts, remote locations, and important state-wide initiatives such as the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. The company currently has facilities in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Nome, where much of the work is handled as well as in locations such as Kenai, Fairbanks and Palmer. Erickson’s areas of focus include construction, fire, oil and gas, and government services; services range from providing aerial passenger transport, to delivering essential items to communities located in challenging locations, to providing search and rescue operations. With extensive experience navigating Alaska’s rugged terrain and unpredictable weather, unwavering commitment to safety, specialized aircraft, and exceptional reliability record, Erickson has emerged as the preferred aviation service provider in challenging and hostile environments.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services specializing in Government Services, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services such as oil and gas, firefighting, HVAC, power line, specialty, construction, and timber harvesting. Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 rotary-wing (light, medium, and heavy) and fixed-wing aircraft, including 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and maintains operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksonaviation.com.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter