Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global company of aviation services is pleased to announce two new contracts:
1) The first contract with Repsol will provide crew and cargo transport to the North Slope of Alaska. This agreement will guarantee the use of medium lift aircraft to support Repsol’s oil and gas operations and provide emergency response services, if needed. This contract extends Erickson’s global partnership with Repsol, as they also conduct business together in South America.
2) The second contract with the US Department of Transportation will continue to provide weekly, year-round helicopter service to people and cargo between Nome, Wales and Little Diomede, Alaska for one year. The community of Little Diomede is located in the Arctic Circle near the International Date Line, along the shore of a steep mountain in the Bering Sea. The Essential Air Service is often the only lifeline the community has with the Mainland, especially during inclement weather, when traveling by boat or fixed wing aircraft is impossible. Erickson has been providing airlift services to the community of Little Diomede for more than 50
years, and is committed to continue this essential support.
Jeff Roberts, CEO and President of Erickson stated, “Our Company’s presence in Alaska has spanned more than five decades and continues to be an important part of our operations. Our focus on safety, serving in remote locations and striving for operational efficiency under often challenging conditions makes these partnerships a good fit.”
The company has more than 50 years of experience serving Alaska, and specializes in key military contracts, remote locations, and important state-wide initiatives such as the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. The company currently has facilities in Anchorage, Deadhorse and Nome, where much of the work is handled as well as in locations such as Kenai, Fairbanks and Palmer. Erickson’s areas of focus include construction, fire, oil and gas, and government services; services range from providing aerial passenger transport, to delivering essential items to communities located in challenging locations, to providing search and rescue operations. With extensive experience navigating Alaska’s rugged terrain and unpredictable weather, unwavering commitment to safety, specialized aircraft, and exceptional reliability record, Erickson has emerged as the preferred aviation service provider in challenging and hostile environments.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services specializing in Government Services, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services such as oil and gas, firefighting, HVAC, power line, specialty, construction, and timber harvesting. Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 rotary-wing (light, medium, and heavy) and fixed-wing aircraft, including 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and maintains operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksonaviation.com.
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO