Canadian Natural Resources Limited (Canadian Natural) announced a gift of $2.5 million to the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) at the STARS Calgary base today. This reinforces the company’s ongoing support of the service, helping to ensure that STARS can continue to maintain its vital service of providing time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients in Western Canada.
This gift is the largest corporate commitment ever given to STARS in Alberta, and marks 25 years of Canadian Natural’s support for STARS. Canadian Natural is an avid supporter of STARS and including this additional commitment, has donated over $3.2 million over the past 25 years.
“STARS provides a valuable service in critical times, not only for our workers, but also for the communities where we operate. Working together is the foundation of our Mission Statement and we are proud of our long-standing partnership with STARS. Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural and we are pleased to work with STARS to help provide a safe environment for our employees, their families, and our neighbours,” said Steve Laut, President of Canadian Natural.
STARS began operations in 1985 and has grown to six bases across Western Canada, with 11 helicopters serving the area. STARS is dedicated to providing a safe, rapid, highly specialized emergency medical transport system for patients. Last year, the organization flew 2,733 missions. STARS is a not-for-profit organization that relies on support from provincial governments, corporations and individuals to help save lives every day.
“This very generous gift of $2.5 million is the single largest corporate commitment ever to STARS in Alberta,” said Andrea Robertson, President and CEO of STARS. “This gift is a reflection of Canadian Natural’s commitment to the health and safety of our communities.
Partners like Canadian Natural allow our non-profit organization to continually enhance our innovative and leading-edge air medical programs and services. For us, it’s all about the patient and these funds will help us reach those who need us when seconds count. We couldn’t do our critical work without your support, so thank you!”
STARS provides specialized emergency medical care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has bases in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
About Canadian Natural
Canadian Natural is a senior oil and natural gas production company, with continuing operations in its core areas located in Western Canada, the U.K. portion of the North Sea and Offshore Africa.
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana