Airwork NZ Ltd announced at EFA Prague, the sale of a BK117-850D2 to South African operator Mr. Ivan Pienaar of Aeronautic Solutions.
Mr Stephen Green of Airwork NZ said “We couldn’t be happier to see this aircraft go to a good home in South Africa, this will be Mr Pienaar’s second BK117-850D2”.
Airwork acquired the BK117-B2 helicopter from German HEMS operator ADAC and it has already undergone its 850 engine upgrade program at ADAC Luftfahrt Tecknik GmbH prior to delivery to Aeronautic Solutions. Airwork signed an agreement with ADAC in 2013 to purchase all fourteen of their BK117-B2 helicopters as they gradually transfer part of their fleet to the H145. This is the third aircraft from the ADAC fleet to be delivered to Airwork.
This becomes the 40th BK117 that Airwork has upgraded to the 850D2 model using its unique STC which now has certification from the New Zealand CAA, EASA, Transport Canada, Indonesia and the FAA.
The versatile Airbus BK117 with the Honeywell 850 engines fitted is used in a variety of configurations as operators have grasped that it is a very capable multi-role helicopter with Cat A, Class 1 performance at an attractive price.
Mr Pienaar and Mr Green seen in the photo shaking hands on signing of the agreement at EFA Prague 2015.
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Christoph Dortmund upgrades from BK117 to Airbus H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- SPAES gets EASA STC approval for BK117 searchlight
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- SPAES installs Spidertracks on BK117
- Kawasaki Receives First Order for New BK117
- 17-Aug-18 VH-JWB Airbus BK117 Ulladulla, Australia
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New plug and play caution/warning panel for BK117
- HALO Air Rescue to add BK117
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- BK117 Modification Granted FAA Certification
- BK117 Dual Torque Gauge Granted FAA Approval
- BK117 Role Equipment granted FAA Certification
- 02-May-17 ZK-IED Airbus BK117A3 Porirua Harbour, New Zealand
- Kawasaki receives first H145 order
- Airwork Upgrade of STARS BK117 fleet to meet Transport Canada H1 Helipad requirements