Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL) today announced that the next generation engine protection system for Airbus Helicopters’ H125, AS350, and EC130 families of helicopters has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The STC allows operators to install the equipment on their helicopters.
The PA100 PUREair System, co-developed by Pall Aerospace and DART Aerospace, is a totally redesigned, re-engineered, and retested engine air protection system that takes the capabilities of its EAPS predecessors to the next level. Featuring Pall’s latest PUREair vortex tube technology, the new system is self-cleaning and virtually maintenance-free, unlike other filtration systems qualified for this aircraft. The PA100PUREair system will provide the highest level of helicopter engine protection while offering a 2% gain in engine power over conventional inlet barrier filters.
This next generation system utilizes the latest advances in Pall Aerospace technology, including 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized system design and innovative nano-material technologies. ThePUREair vortex tube works in all weather conditions, including snow, heavy rain, and salt spray.
EASA STC approval is expected shortly and flight testing for falling and blowing snow is currently being pursued in several locations.
To learn more about Pall Aerospace technology solutions, please visit: http://www.pall.com/PUREAir
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL) is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation is an S&P 500 company serving customers worldwide. Follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines