Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL) today announced that the next generation engine protection system for Airbus Helicopters’ H125, AS350, and EC130 families of helicopters has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The STC allows operators to install the equipment on their helicopters.
The PA100 PUREair System, co-developed by Pall Aerospace and DART Aerospace, is a totally redesigned, re-engineered, and retested engine air protection system that takes the capabilities of its EAPS predecessors to the next level. Featuring Pall’s latest PUREair vortex tube technology, the new system is self-cleaning and virtually maintenance-free, unlike other filtration systems qualified for this aircraft. The PA100PUREair system will provide the highest level of helicopter engine protection while offering a 2% gain in engine power over conventional inlet barrier filters.
This next generation system utilizes the latest advances in Pall Aerospace technology, including 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) optimized system design and innovative nano-material technologies. ThePUREair vortex tube works in all weather conditions, including snow, heavy rain, and salt spray.
EASA STC approval is expected shortly and flight testing for falling and blowing snow is currently being pursued in several locations.
To learn more about Pall Aerospace technology solutions, please visit: http://www.pall.com/PUREAir
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation (NYSE:PLL) is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation is an S&P 500 company serving customers worldwide. Follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA