PTC® (Nasdaq: PTC), today announced that Airbus Helicopters, a division of Airbus Group, and the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer, is using the PTC Windchill® PLM solution in the development of its newly unveiled H160 rotorcraft.
The use of the PTC Windchill PLM backbone has enabled Airbus Helicopters to drive improvements in digital continuity and collaboration between the design office, production and support teams of the H160 program. The PTC Windchill solution also supports the Airbus Helicopter goal for highest maturity of the H160 at entry into service which is planned for 2018, and preparations for the serial production ramp-up and support for its in-service helicopters.
PTC Global Services is managing the PTC Windchill technology implementation, as well as serving as a trusted advisor to the core PDM (Product Data Management) project team in charge of digitalizing the development of the H160 and associated services. This collaboration will help optimize enterprise-wide processes and enable Airbus Helicopters to derive maximum value from the deployment of this next generation helicopter.
“PTC is pleased to serve as a strategic partner to Airbus Helicopters and to deliver the world-class technology solutions and services to support this critical phase of the H160 development,” said Jim Heppelmann, President and CEO of PTC. “We look forward to deepening our relationship with Airbus Helicopters as it continues to execute its transformation strategy and bring innovative aircraft to market.”
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a subsidiary wholly owned by the Airbus Group, a global aerospace and defense leader. Operated by more than 3,000 customers, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters in approximately 150 countries. Its range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest, with the civil fleet having achieved a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors.
Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its 29 customer centers and participation’s and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents.
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. PTC’s enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Led by its award winning ThingWorx® application enablement platform, PTC’s platform technologies help companies deliver new value emerging from the Internet of Things. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid