Airwork is pleased to announce that the BK117-850D2 has gained STC certification with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for Indonesia. This approval has been a collaborative effort between Airwork and local Indonesian operator PT Sayap Garuda Indah, Heli SGI.
This is the 5th STC approval to be issued for the BK117-850D2 and joins FAA, EASA, NZCAA, and Transport Canada.
This BK117-850D2 helicopter is fully Cat A, Class 1 compliant helicopter at Max All Up Weight giving it that extra safety margin which is great news for helicopter operators of Indonesia who can now use the multi-role BK117-850D2 for Onshore/Offshore, Mining Support, Fire Fighting, EMS/SAR, Police or Passenger Transport.
Airwork owns the STC’s for the BK117-850D2 and have carried out more than 40 upgrades worldwide. Many of these upgrades have been carried out in conjunction with a refurbishment and customization program either to the customer’s specific requirements or standard utility specification which includes 9 place seating, sand filter protection, cargo hook and mirror.
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Christoph Dortmund upgrades from BK117 to Airbus H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- SPAES gets EASA STC approval for BK117 searchlight
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- SPAES installs Spidertracks on BK117
- Kawasaki Receives First Order for New BK117
- 17-Aug-18 VH-JWB Airbus BK117 Ulladulla, Australia
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New plug and play caution/warning panel for BK117
- HALO Air Rescue to add BK117
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- BK117 Modification Granted FAA Certification
- BK117 Dual Torque Gauge Granted FAA Approval
- BK117 Role Equipment granted FAA Certification
- 02-May-17 ZK-IED Airbus BK117A3 Porirua Harbour, New Zealand
- Kawasaki receives first H145 order
- Airwork Upgrade of STARS BK117 fleet to meet Transport Canada H1 Helipad requirements