Airbus Helicopters, Vector Aerospace and Rockwell Collins have entered into an agreement to jointly develop and market the scalable and flexible Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics solution to upgrade Airbus Helicopters platforms.
“Pro Line Fusion provides Airbus Helicopters with one of the most advanced avionics and the highest level of efficiency for the rotary wing cockpit,” said Troy Brunk, vice president and general manager of Airborne Solutions for Rockwell Collins. “The enhanced situational awareness features provided by Pro Line Fusion will result in reduced pilot workload and greatly increase flight safety for operators of Airbus Helicopters platforms.”
The first platforms targeted for the upgrades will be AS332 / 532 MK1 helicopters, with the first implementation expected in the summer of 2016.
“In our constant search for customer satisfaction, we have identified the need to offer modern but affordable glass cockpit retrofit solutions to our customers to allow them to extend the operational life of their helicopters. Entering in this cooperative agreement with Vector Aerospace and Rockwell Collins to develop a state-of-the-art upgrade solution for the existing fleet of AS332 / 532 MK1 using Pro Line Fusion will allow us to answer this need in a competitive way,” said Matthieu Louvot , senior vice president, Customer Services for Airbus Helicopters.
“We are thrilled to be part of this program,” said Declan O’Shea, president and CEO of Vector Aerospace Corporation. “Vector Aerospace, a world leader in aircraft retrofit and modernization, will bring the reactivity and flexibility needed to develop affordable upgrades. We are confident that this cooperative program will be a great success to the benefit of our customers.”
Featuring advanced graphical interfaces, intuitive icons and easily configurable multi-function display windows, Pro Line Fusion makes it easy for pilots to keep their eyes forward and stay focused on the mission during all phases of flight and in all flying conditions.
The mission-specific operational profiles featured in Pro Line Fusion for helicopters include offshore platform approaches, hover in place, extended search and rescue patterns, and other critical mission capabilities. Combining large, high-resolution displays with the ease of touch-screen operations, complemented by intuitive keypad and cursor controls, Pro Line Fusion can meet the demands of helicopter missions today and in the future.
At the Paris Air Show, Rockwell Collins is featuring (Hall 2B, Aisle D, Stand 108) a brand new Pro Line Fusion helicopter demonstrator where visitors can “fly” the rotary wing avionics solution.
The Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics system has been selected for 20 aircraft platforms, including business jet, air transport, tilt-rotor and military flight decks.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service. More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator