Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that Era Group Inc. continues to expand its S-92® helicopter fleet with acceptance of a second S-92 helicopter baseline delivery. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
In January 2014, Era signed a multi-year contract with Sikorsky for S-92 helicopters. Sikorsky and Era celebrated the first S-92 helicopter baseline delivery at the 2015 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show in Orlando, Florida. Today, in parallel with the opening of Era’s new Super Base in Houma, Louisiana, Sikorsky announced the baseline delivery of the second S-92 helicopter to Era. The aircraft are expected to enter service later this year.
“Era is delighted to accept baseline delivery of our second S-92 helicopter,” said Chris Bradshaw, CEO of Era Group Inc. “This helicopter will service clients from our new Super Base, strategically located in Houma, Louisiana, and promises to be a reliable, safe and comfortable helicopter for our customers.”
Sikorsky representatives attended the grand opening of Era’s new Super Base in Houma today. The new 65,000 square foot hangar will facilitate passenger transportation to oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
“We are thrilled to announce the acceptance of another S-92 helicopter by Era on the same day that they open their new Super Base,” said David Martin, Sikorsky’s Director, Energy and Oil Sector. “The entire team at Sikorsky is proud to know that these S-92 helicopters will enhance Era’s ability to deliver safe, reliable and cost efficient transportation to their clients in the Gulf of Mexico.”
Sikorsky has delivered more than 250 S-92 helicopters to customers throughout the world. In 2014, Sikorsky celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the S-92 helicopter, which was first delivered in 2004. The fleet has reached more than 800,000 flight hours, with over 90 percent of those hours providing offshore oil and gas worker transportation. S-92 helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, heads of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology systems and services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation