Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that Era Group Inc. continues to expand its S-92® helicopter fleet with acceptance of a second S-92 helicopter baseline delivery. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
In January 2014, Era signed a multi-year contract with Sikorsky for S-92 helicopters. Sikorsky and Era celebrated the first S-92 helicopter baseline delivery at the 2015 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show in Orlando, Florida. Today, in parallel with the opening of Era’s new Super Base in Houma, Louisiana, Sikorsky announced the baseline delivery of the second S-92 helicopter to Era. The aircraft are expected to enter service later this year.
“Era is delighted to accept baseline delivery of our second S-92 helicopter,” said Chris Bradshaw, CEO of Era Group Inc. “This helicopter will service clients from our new Super Base, strategically located in Houma, Louisiana, and promises to be a reliable, safe and comfortable helicopter for our customers.”
Sikorsky representatives attended the grand opening of Era’s new Super Base in Houma today. The new 65,000 square foot hangar will facilitate passenger transportation to oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
“We are thrilled to announce the acceptance of another S-92 helicopter by Era on the same day that they open their new Super Base,” said David Martin, Sikorsky’s Director, Energy and Oil Sector. “The entire team at Sikorsky is proud to know that these S-92 helicopters will enhance Era’s ability to deliver safe, reliable and cost efficient transportation to their clients in the Gulf of Mexico.”
Sikorsky has delivered more than 250 S-92 helicopters to customers throughout the world. In 2014, Sikorsky celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the S-92 helicopter, which was first delivered in 2004. The fleet has reached more than 800,000 flight hours, with over 90 percent of those hours providing offshore oil and gas worker transportation. S-92 helicopters also perform search and rescue missions, heads of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high-technology systems and services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect