Owners and operators of Bell UH-1 Iroquois helicopters now can quickly source FAA-approved replacement parts via a Timken-sponsored page on the www.uh1ops.com website.
“UH-1 owners and operators can easily access Timken aerospace aftermarket (PMA) parts to service their rotorcraft through this collaboration with UH1OPS.com,” said Joseph Tolaro, Timken product sales manager.
The Bell UH-1 series Iroquois military helicopter, better known as the “Huey,” is considered the most widely used helicopter in the world, with more than 9,000 of the versatile aircraft produced from the 1950s to the present. More than 600 are registered in the United States and an estimated 3,700 operate worldwide.
Timken offers more than 1,600 FAA-approved PMA products. Of these, 80 are Bell airframe parts, including the Bell UH-1, 204, 205, 206, 209 and 212.
Timken serves the global aircraft industry with a variety of aftermarket solutions, including bearing repair and PMA replacement parts, designed to achieve the highest industry standards for performance and availability. The company designs bearings and engine components for commercial and general aviation aircraft, both rotorcraft and fixed wing, and has supplied PMA parts and services since 1996. In addition to Bell platforms, Timken makes replacement parts for RR Model 250, T53, APUs, PT6A/PT6T Model engines. Additionally, the more than 3.5 million commercial PMA aftermarket parts that Timken has sold have collectively accumulated more than one billion flight hours.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical power transmission across a variety of bearings and related systems to improve reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment all around the world. The company’s growing product and services portfolio features many strong industrial brands including Timken®, Fafnir®, Philadelphia Gear®, Drives® and Interlube™. Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $3.1 billion in sales in 2014. With 14,000 employees operating from 28 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
Founded in 2014, UH1OPS.com was created for UH-1 owners, operators and maintenance personnel dedicated to sharing information regarding maintenance, regulations and industry issues affecting UH-1 operators. The website offers information beneficial to owners and operators of UH-1 helicopters, including maintenance tips, updates to FAA regulations, vendors for UH-1s and contact information. We thank Timken for supporting our efforts in keeping the UH-1, most successful helicopter ever produced, flying safely.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation