Owners and operators of Bell UH-1 Iroquois helicopters now can quickly source FAA-approved replacement parts via a Timken-sponsored page on the www.uh1ops.com website.
“UH-1 owners and operators can easily access Timken aerospace aftermarket (PMA) parts to service their rotorcraft through this collaboration with UH1OPS.com,” said Joseph Tolaro, Timken product sales manager.
The Bell UH-1 series Iroquois military helicopter, better known as the “Huey,” is considered the most widely used helicopter in the world, with more than 9,000 of the versatile aircraft produced from the 1950s to the present. More than 600 are registered in the United States and an estimated 3,700 operate worldwide.
Timken offers more than 1,600 FAA-approved PMA products. Of these, 80 are Bell airframe parts, including the Bell UH-1, 204, 205, 206, 209 and 212.
Timken serves the global aircraft industry with a variety of aftermarket solutions, including bearing repair and PMA replacement parts, designed to achieve the highest industry standards for performance and availability. The company designs bearings and engine components for commercial and general aviation aircraft, both rotorcraft and fixed wing, and has supplied PMA parts and services since 1996. In addition to Bell platforms, Timken makes replacement parts for RR Model 250, T53, APUs, PT6A/PT6T Model engines. Additionally, the more than 3.5 million commercial PMA aftermarket parts that Timken has sold have collectively accumulated more than one billion flight hours.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical power transmission across a variety of bearings and related systems to improve reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment all around the world. The company’s growing product and services portfolio features many strong industrial brands including Timken®, Fafnir®, Philadelphia Gear®, Drives® and Interlube™. Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $3.1 billion in sales in 2014. With 14,000 employees operating from 28 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
Founded in 2014, UH1OPS.com was created for UH-1 owners, operators and maintenance personnel dedicated to sharing information regarding maintenance, regulations and industry issues affecting UH-1 operators. The website offers information beneficial to owners and operators of UH-1 helicopters, including maintenance tips, updates to FAA regulations, vendors for UH-1s and contact information. We thank Timken for supporting our efforts in keeping the UH-1, most successful helicopter ever produced, flying safely.
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns