Owners and operators of Bell UH-1 Iroquois helicopters now can quickly source FAA-approved replacement parts via a Timken-sponsored page on the www.uh1ops.com website.
“UH-1 owners and operators can easily access Timken aerospace aftermarket (PMA) parts to service their rotorcraft through this collaboration with UH1OPS.com,” said Joseph Tolaro, Timken product sales manager.
The Bell UH-1 series Iroquois military helicopter, better known as the “Huey,” is considered the most widely used helicopter in the world, with more than 9,000 of the versatile aircraft produced from the 1950s to the present. More than 600 are registered in the United States and an estimated 3,700 operate worldwide.
Timken offers more than 1,600 FAA-approved PMA products. Of these, 80 are Bell airframe parts, including the Bell UH-1, 204, 205, 206, 209 and 212.
Timken serves the global aircraft industry with a variety of aftermarket solutions, including bearing repair and PMA replacement parts, designed to achieve the highest industry standards for performance and availability. The company designs bearings and engine components for commercial and general aviation aircraft, both rotorcraft and fixed wing, and has supplied PMA parts and services since 1996. In addition to Bell platforms, Timken makes replacement parts for RR Model 250, T53, APUs, PT6A/PT6T Model engines. Additionally, the more than 3.5 million commercial PMA aftermarket parts that Timken has sold have collectively accumulated more than one billion flight hours.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical power transmission across a variety of bearings and related systems to improve reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment all around the world. The company’s growing product and services portfolio features many strong industrial brands including Timken®, Fafnir®, Philadelphia Gear®, Drives® and Interlube™. Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $3.1 billion in sales in 2014. With 14,000 employees operating from 28 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
Founded in 2014, UH1OPS.com was created for UH-1 owners, operators and maintenance personnel dedicated to sharing information regarding maintenance, regulations and industry issues affecting UH-1 operators. The website offers information beneficial to owners and operators of UH-1 helicopters, including maintenance tips, updates to FAA regulations, vendors for UH-1s and contact information. We thank Timken for supporting our efforts in keeping the UH-1, most successful helicopter ever produced, flying safely.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International