Airbus Helicopters is on the point of delivering the 1,000th Dauphin 2 – by which we are including the 365N models including the EC155 (technically the AS365N4). Starting at serial 6001, the authorities in Japan have issued the registration JA08AR to an AS365N3+ with serial 7001. That marks the passing of the 1,000th delivery and the aircraft is in service with the Nagoya Fire Department.
In the absence of a flag-waving press release from Airbus Helicopters, we assume the landmark aircraft has not yet been delivered. It is quite common for aircraft off a production line to not only be made in non-numerical order, and even more rare for them to be delivered from the factory in any given order, and HeliHub.com research finds a number of gaps in the serial range 6980 to 7000 which are likely still at the factory. This is usually due to a combination of factors including specification and equipment to be installed, delivery date requirements of the customer, and so on.
Earlier “Dauphin” models including the SA360 and the SA365C are not included in the totals above.
John Burcote – HeliHub.com
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet