KRET has developed a multi-channel laser guidance system for the Ka-52, Mi-8MNP, and Mi-28N helicopters. The new development will guide high-precision missiles and will allow helicopters to use various types of missiles.
The laser guidance system is designed to control and guide missiles to a target through either automatic or manual honing.
The system uses a powerful CW solid-state laser with laser diodes. A compact, low-inertia, acousto-optic, x/y-coordinate deflector that operates without any mechanical components and is controlled by electrical signals powers the laser scanning.
On the other hand, an analog control field generated solely by mechanical means results in lower speed, reduced reliability, and increased size and weight.
“KRET has created highly intelligent and innovative systems and had started to produce them. They will be universal, meaning they can be installed on both old and new technology alike,” said Igor Nasenkov, First Deputy CEO of KRET.
According to him, KRET’s modern laser technology fully meets these requirements. “In particular, the laser guidance system can be installed on helicopters as well as ground equipment, MANPADS, and drones,” Igor Nasenkov said.
Tests have confirmed the high accuracy of the guided missiles and the overall reliability of the developed equipment. KRET enterprises will be producing the laser guidance system for commercial purchase.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats