Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announces today the order of two Bell 505s signed during the Paris Air Show. Both Bell 505 Jet Ranger Xs will be used for corporate transport in Israel, a testament to the growing demand of the Bell 505 in the region and bringing the success of the Bell 505 to over 340 worldwide.
“The Bell 505 is gaining traction in Israel,” said Jakub Hoda, Bell Helicopter, managing director for Europe and Russia. “We believe that this helicopter is the right fit for the region and we expect sales to continue to grow for this aircraft.”
The Bell 505, which first flew November 10, 2014, is a five-seat, single-engine, turbine helicopter leveraging Bell Helicopter’s proven technology and nearly half a century of experience. Its fully flat floor, increased cabin volume and clam shell doors provide the configuration flexibility needed in today’s market. The customer-driven design of the aircraft places safety, performance and affordability at its forefront, blending proven systems with advanced technology and a sleek, modern design. Pilot workload is further reduced by the Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine with dual channel Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC). The Bell 505 features a high inertia rotor system delivering superior auto rotation capabilities. With the ideal combination of speed, range and useful load, the Jet Ranger X is designed to deliver best-in-class performance.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Southern Utah University Adds Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- MountainFlyers to become Europe’s biggest Bell 505 operator
- Leon County Sheriff’s Office Selects Becker AMU 6500 Digital Audio Panel
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® is now an Option for the Bell 505
- Bell Lands Leon County Sheriff’s Office as First East Coast Bell 505 Public Safety Operator
- Alameda County Sheriff orders a Bell 505
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- DART Aerospace Receives EASA Certification for its Bell 505 Standard and Float Skidtubes
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Fleet Surpasses 20,000 Flight Hour
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Receives Certification for High-Altitude Operations
- Alpine Aerotech 505 Bear Paw Now Compatible With High Skid Gear
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Bell demos 505 to Montenegro military