Trustees, staff, volunteers and supporters across Devon are celebrating after Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) was named as the PWC West of England Business of the Year with a turnover of less than £30 million at a gala dinner at Brunel’s Old Station in Bristol last night.
DAAT was the first charity ever to be shortlisted and the first not-for-profit organisation to win the coveted prize which has previously been won by well-known businesses such as Graphic plc, the Gro Company and Seasalt.
Anita Newcombe, DAAT’s Chair of Trustees said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won this award. It is a testimony to the hard work put in by everyone at DAAT and particularly to the Senior Leadership team who have carried out an exemplary programme of development in recent years to improve the service we offer not only in operational terms, but in finance, human resources, PR and marketing, fundraising and retail as well as connecting with the community.”
The award entry described the Trust’s operation in six key business areas; innovative products/services; employee training; business management; financial performance; future prospects and contribution to the region.
DAAT Chief Executive Heléna Holt, commented: “This has been such a valuable experience for us. After being shortlisted we greatly benefited from the judges’ feedback. We were also visited by a professional film company to capture what we do and the footage which was shown on the night of the awards has been made available to us to use for our own marketing purposes.”
This is a great result for DAAT and for the people of Devon whom we serve.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue