Boeing [NYSE: BA] and members of its AH-64E Apache industry team – General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Longbow Ltd. – launched an initiative with Polish Armaments Group (PGZ) to explore opportunities for collaboration with Polish industry. More than 10 Polish companies participated in the two-day workshop with Boeing and its teammates to forge partnerships as part of Poland’s Kruk program.
Boeing’s AH-64E Apache is a candidate for Poland’s attack helicopter requirement as part of Poland’s broader defense modernization program, which includes the Kruk program.
“We are focused on comprehensive engagement with PGZ and its companies to enhance Poland’s defense industry, create jobs and meet Poland’s national security needs,” said Phil Schneider, director of International Strategic Partnerships for Defense, Space and Security. “Polish industry’s strong track record of innovation offers opportunities to expand our industrial relationships and find new ways to put the expertise of the Apache team to work for the benefit of Poland.”
During the workshop, Schneider and his team discussed plans to assist PGZ companies in developing new capabilities and cultivating business opportunities. Those participating also were provided with overviews of the AH-64E Apache, Boeing’s global approach to research and technology and possible collaboration projects with each of the Apache team members.
“PGZ welcomes this opportunity to present to Boeing the capabilities and skills of our companies,” said Wojciech Dąbrowski, president of the Management Board of Polish Armaments Group. “We are the leading manufacturer of equipment for the Polish Armed Forces and our companies possess unique skills and technology that can benefit Boeing and Team Apache.”
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. A top U.S. exporter, the company also provides support services to airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in 150 countries. Headquartered in Chicago, Boeing employs more than 165,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. To learn more about Boeing, visit the website at www.boeing.com or follow the company on Twitter: @Boeing
PGZ, one of the largest defense groups in Europe, is composed of more than 60 companies in the manufacturing and services sector, with 17,500 employees.
About Team Apache
Team Apache consists of Boeing as the Original Equipment Manufacturer, Lockheed Martin Electronics and Missiles, Longbow Ltd. (a Northrop Grumman/Lockheed Martin joint venture) Raytheon and General Electric Aircraft Engines Company. The industry members of the team comprise some of the world’s leading aerospace companies and – as part of the Apache team – support 11 international defense forces as well as the U.S. Army.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director