Boeing [NYSE: BA] and members of its AH-64E Apache industry team – General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Longbow Ltd. – launched an initiative with Polish Armaments Group (PGZ) to explore opportunities for collaboration with Polish industry. More than 10 Polish companies participated in the two-day workshop with Boeing and its teammates to forge partnerships as part of Poland’s Kruk program.
Boeing’s AH-64E Apache is a candidate for Poland’s attack helicopter requirement as part of Poland’s broader defense modernization program, which includes the Kruk program.
“We are focused on comprehensive engagement with PGZ and its companies to enhance Poland’s defense industry, create jobs and meet Poland’s national security needs,” said Phil Schneider, director of International Strategic Partnerships for Defense, Space and Security. “Polish industry’s strong track record of innovation offers opportunities to expand our industrial relationships and find new ways to put the expertise of the Apache team to work for the benefit of Poland.”
During the workshop, Schneider and his team discussed plans to assist PGZ companies in developing new capabilities and cultivating business opportunities. Those participating also were provided with overviews of the AH-64E Apache, Boeing’s global approach to research and technology and possible collaboration projects with each of the Apache team members.
“PGZ welcomes this opportunity to present to Boeing the capabilities and skills of our companies,” said Wojciech Dąbrowski, president of the Management Board of Polish Armaments Group. “We are the leading manufacturer of equipment for the Polish Armed Forces and our companies possess unique skills and technology that can benefit Boeing and Team Apache.”
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. A top U.S. exporter, the company also provides support services to airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in 150 countries. Headquartered in Chicago, Boeing employs more than 165,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. To learn more about Boeing, visit the website at www.boeing.com or follow the company on Twitter: @Boeing
PGZ, one of the largest defense groups in Europe, is composed of more than 60 companies in the manufacturing and services sector, with 17,500 employees.
About Team Apache
Team Apache consists of Boeing as the Original Equipment Manufacturer, Lockheed Martin Electronics and Missiles, Longbow Ltd. (a Northrop Grumman/Lockheed Martin joint venture) Raytheon and General Electric Aircraft Engines Company. The industry members of the team comprise some of the world’s leading aerospace companies and – as part of the Apache team – support 11 international defense forces as well as the U.S. Army.
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services