Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) continues to add to its list of operators relying on its industry-leading Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems for airborne law enforcement missions. Donaldson filtration systems are utilized by more than 40 U.S. law enforcement agencies, including new customers, the California Highway Patrol (CHP), and return customers, like the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department ASTREA (Aerial Support to Regional Enforcement Agencies) Unit.
The CHP selected Donaldson for a fleet upgrade, and the agency’s new IBFs will be installed by Hangar One Avionics in Carlsbad, California. ASTREA selected the company’s new Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) for its two Bell 407s; one is a field upgrade and the other is being installed on a new 407. ASTREA is a long-time Donaldson customer, having used the company’s filters on its entire fleet of MD 500, Bell 205 and Bell 407 helicopters.
The IVF is designed to complement the air filter efficiency of Donaldson IBFs on Bell 407/407GX helicopters and provides protection at the centrifugal compressor bleed slot for the Rolls Royce M250 engine. Supplementing the substantial protection provided by the IBF system, it provides 100 percent inlet protection against dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants.
“Donaldson is honored to work with these distinguished airborne law enforcement operators,” said Mark Brandenhoff, Global Director of Sales, Aerospace & Defense. “Our filtration products help optimize their helicopters’ performance in the most demanding conditions, including heat and high density altitudes. Helping pilots complete their service missions in the safest and most efficient way possible is a point of pride for everyone on the Donaldson team.”
Donaldson’s rugged, lightweight IBFs protect valuable turbine engines from loss of performance and damage due to dust, sand, smoke and debris. The high efficiency of the IBF system also helps achieve longer engine life due to the elimination of contaminant erosion. The IBF allows for maximum aircraft performance compared with particle separators. The resulting operational cost savings are a significant benefit to budget-conscious agencies.
Donaldson Aerospace & Defense will be exhibiting its Inlet Barrier Filters, Inducer Vent Filters and other products at Booth 214 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association EXPO in Houston, Texas, July 13 -18 at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
About Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group
Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. The Company’s filtration solutions protect fixed-wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles, and is committed to advancing filtration technology and providing quality products and prompt customer service. The Aerospace & Defense Group serves Customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Founded 100 years ago, Donaldson (NYSE:DCI) is a global leader in the filtration industry. The Company’s innovative filtration technologies improve people’s lives, enhance Customers’ equipment performance and protect the environment. More than 12,500 employees support Customers at 140 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations.
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22