A £2 million fundraising appeal to build a new helipad at Sheffield’s Northern General Hospital has been given a major boost from Westfield Health.
We donated £250,000 to Sheffield Hospitals Charity’s Helipad Appeal and construction work has since started on the project.
The new helipad will be located close to the Major Trauma Centre at the hospital, meaning that life-saving treatment can be given to patients within seconds of landing.
The hospital’s existing helipad, which was built more than 20 years ago, is located further from the trauma centre, meaning patients are currently transferred from the helicopter into an ambulance and driven to the emergency department, increasing the risk of discomfort or further complications.
Sheffield Hospital Charity Director David Reynolds said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to Westfield Health for their incredibly generous contribution. It has been a massive boost to our appeal and we’re delighted that Chairman Graham Moore was able to join us at to our recent turf cutting event marking the start of construction.
“Our new helipad will allow the time between landing and being treated to be reduced significantly. This means patients can receive treatment literally within seconds of arriving at the hospital in the helicopter and ultimately this will help us save lives.”
Our Chairman Graham Moore said: “We’re delighted to support this campaign. The Northern General Hospital is such an important facility within our city and the surrounding areas, and the new helipad will enable the team to provide the care needed to treat patients as efficiently and quickly as possible.”
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue