With the aim of building on the success of the previous inaugural 2014 event, Heli UK Expo 2015 welcomed back a growing number of leading helicopter brands, suppliers and service providers within the industry, once again at an ideal central UK location, Sywell Aerodrome.
The event this year ran parallel to the leading International General Aviation event, AeroExpo UK, offering two sets of connected shows to both helicopter and fixed wing visitors. The combined events offered a unique experience to see a diverse exhibiting line up of Helicopters and full spectrum GA fixed wing aircraft, all in one location.
The whole weekend welcomed a combined number of around 200 Exhibitors, 10,000 visitors, around 75 visiting helicopters and 800 visiting fixed wing aircraft.
Show Director Alex Ayling commented;
“We are pleased with the growing momentum of Heli UK Expo. Compared to the first event last year, we are seeing growth not only in exhibitor numbers but also more importantly in visiting helicopter numbers too. It proves that the switch of dates and combined platform with AeroExpo UK works.
It underlines the need for an event like this for the industry and establishes Heli UK Expo as the ideal platform to all helicopter private owners and operators’ with unrestricted fly-in access to a central UK location here at Sywell Aerodrome.”
Working in partnership with the Helicopter Club of Great Britain, ‘The Heli UK Expo Challenge Cup’ Air Races took place once again over a 2 day thrilling spectacle which saw large supporting crowd for the increasingly popular spectacle.
This is only the second time this unique format of Air Races has been aired in the UK and is the first of this type of racing launched only previously in 2014.
The final event saw the UK take home the prize of first place with second and third.
Organisers of Heli UK Expo would like to thank its sponsors; Bell Helicopter, JLT Haywards Aviation, HQ Aviation, Sloane Helicopters, Bose UK and Helicopter Club of Great Britain for their support towards the 2015 event.
Work is already underway to further develop Heli UK Expo as the key event for the UK helicopter community to come together in 2016.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)