Nestled in the heart of Shreveport, Louisiana, Metro Aviation’s sprawling, 160,000 square-foot completion facility produces aircraft for some of the world’s most notable law enforcement, air medical and corporate entities. The worldwide completion leader will be exhibiting at this year’s Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) conference and exposition at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX from July 15-17.
Metro will feature an EC145 law enforcement, search and rescue and EMS completion utilized by STAR Flight in Travis County. The Single Pilot IFR airframe is equipped with color-weather radar, dual electric cargo hooks, a rescue hoist and gurney. The multi-mission helicopter is outfitted for fire fighting, rescue, scene response and transportation of specialty teams.
Metro will also have the EC145e on display. The versatile “e-lite” includes a Single Pilot VFR glass cockpit featuring the Garmin G500H and GTN 650 GPS and communication system. The EC145e has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 pounds, the same as the EC145 C2 variant, but the useful load has been increased by 330 pounds. The aircraft can seat up to 11 passengers, depending on the configuration.
As for Metro Aviation, its world-class completion center is only one piece of the puzzle. Metro’s Helicopter Flight Training Center has the industry buzzing with the introduction of the CommLab, a simulation experience for communication specialists, and the addition of the Bell 407/GX flight training device coming this summer. The training center provides a turnkey solution for pilots and technicians through the use of dedicated classroom space, factory maintenance training and scenario-based simulator training using an EC135 Level D full motion simulator and an AS350 Level 7 flight training device. Simulators are available for dry-lease and the training center staff offers assistance in developing custom training programs for interested agencies.
Metro Aviation invites all attendees to visit booth #533 during the ALEA conference to learn more about completion and training opportunities, and booth #S4 to meet the EC145e.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics