Nestled in the heart of Shreveport, Louisiana, Metro Aviation’s sprawling, 160,000 square-foot completion facility produces aircraft for some of the world’s most notable law enforcement, air medical and corporate entities. The worldwide completion leader will be exhibiting at this year’s Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) conference and exposition at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX from July 15-17.
Metro will feature an EC145 law enforcement, search and rescue and EMS completion utilized by STAR Flight in Travis County. The Single Pilot IFR airframe is equipped with color-weather radar, dual electric cargo hooks, a rescue hoist and gurney. The multi-mission helicopter is outfitted for fire fighting, rescue, scene response and transportation of specialty teams.
Metro will also have the EC145e on display. The versatile “e-lite” includes a Single Pilot VFR glass cockpit featuring the Garmin G500H and GTN 650 GPS and communication system. The EC145e has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 pounds, the same as the EC145 C2 variant, but the useful load has been increased by 330 pounds. The aircraft can seat up to 11 passengers, depending on the configuration.
As for Metro Aviation, its world-class completion center is only one piece of the puzzle. Metro’s Helicopter Flight Training Center has the industry buzzing with the introduction of the CommLab, a simulation experience for communication specialists, and the addition of the Bell 407/GX flight training device coming this summer. The training center provides a turnkey solution for pilots and technicians through the use of dedicated classroom space, factory maintenance training and scenario-based simulator training using an EC135 Level D full motion simulator and an AS350 Level 7 flight training device. Simulators are available for dry-lease and the training center staff offers assistance in developing custom training programs for interested agencies.
Metro Aviation invites all attendees to visit booth #533 during the ALEA conference to learn more about completion and training opportunities, and booth #S4 to meet the EC145e.
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System