MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) and authorized MDHI Sales Agent AeroPartners, Inc. join in congratulating Aero-Asahi corporation (AAC), the largest helicopter operator in Japan, and Chiba Hokusoh Hospitalfor the achievement of 10,000 EMS missions flown exclusively by the MD 902. Aero-Asahi is an authorized MDHI Service Center and operates nine (9) MD 900/902 Explorers, with six (6) in full-time operation as HEMS aircraft.
“We are very proud to celebrate this achievement with Hokusoh Hospital and the teams at Aero Asahi and AeroPartners,” said Nick Nenadovic,Vice President, Aftermarket and Customer Support for MD Helicopters, Inc. “The incredible performance of this aircraft since its inaugural flight in 2001 is a testament not only to the quality production and reliability of the aircraft, but to a shared commitment to exceptional customer support and flawless execution.”
With Doctor-Heli, Aero-Asahi has been involved in building a HEMS system in Japan since the dawn of the industry. In 2001, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital became one of the first hospitals to participate in Japan’s national HEMS program, operating the MD 902 since day one. Today, they are one of 45 hospitals across Japan with active HEMS programs and respond to more than 1,000 calls each year.
“Hospital HEMS programs enable medical teams to begin emergency treatment on-site,” said an Aero Asahi Corporation spokesperson, “and the MD 902 Explorer is a perfect platform for the Doctor-Heliprogram for so many reasons. Chief among these are the safety and low noise profile of the NOTAR System, the wide cabin and customizable, easy-to-use EMS interior, and FADEC technology that allows for quick start engines.”
Hokusoh Hospital’s 10,000th mission was flown on April 18, 2015.
“This partnership with AeroPartners and Aero-Asahi, and their impeccable day-to-day support of Hokusoh Hospital, has undoubtedly saved thousands of lives over the years. It is an honor to know our aircraft has helped play a part in that,” Nenadovic concludes.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms