MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) and authorized MDHI Sales Agent AeroPartners, Inc. join in congratulating Aero-Asahi corporation (AAC), the largest helicopter operator in Japan, and Chiba Hokusoh Hospitalfor the achievement of 10,000 EMS missions flown exclusively by the MD 902. Aero-Asahi is an authorized MDHI Service Center and operates nine (9) MD 900/902 Explorers, with six (6) in full-time operation as HEMS aircraft.
“We are very proud to celebrate this achievement with Hokusoh Hospital and the teams at Aero Asahi and AeroPartners,” said Nick Nenadovic,Vice President, Aftermarket and Customer Support for MD Helicopters, Inc. “The incredible performance of this aircraft since its inaugural flight in 2001 is a testament not only to the quality production and reliability of the aircraft, but to a shared commitment to exceptional customer support and flawless execution.”
With Doctor-Heli, Aero-Asahi has been involved in building a HEMS system in Japan since the dawn of the industry. In 2001, Chiba Hokusoh Hospital became one of the first hospitals to participate in Japan’s national HEMS program, operating the MD 902 since day one. Today, they are one of 45 hospitals across Japan with active HEMS programs and respond to more than 1,000 calls each year.
“Hospital HEMS programs enable medical teams to begin emergency treatment on-site,” said an Aero Asahi Corporation spokesperson, “and the MD 902 Explorer is a perfect platform for the Doctor-Heliprogram for so many reasons. Chief among these are the safety and low noise profile of the NOTAR System, the wide cabin and customizable, easy-to-use EMS interior, and FADEC technology that allows for quick start engines.”
Hokusoh Hospital’s 10,000th mission was flown on April 18, 2015.
“This partnership with AeroPartners and Aero-Asahi, and their impeccable day-to-day support of Hokusoh Hospital, has undoubtedly saved thousands of lives over the years. It is an honor to know our aircraft has helped play a part in that,” Nenadovic concludes.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine