From the Airborne Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) annual convention held in Houston Texas, Aviation Specialties Unlimited Inc., (ASU) showcased the OPTEX Red Tail Digital Spotting Scope.
The Wifi enabled spotting scope has an optical 45X high definition image that records images or videos straight to a smartphone or tablet (wireless range of 150 feet minimum). The system’s objective lens is a very compact, high performance300mm focal length catadioptric optical assembly, having a field of view from 56 feet at 1000 yards (1.1 degrees). Full scope weighs only 18 ounces without the tripod and has a small size of 6” long by 3” diameter. The runtime on the Red Tail is 3+ hours.
“Law enforcement needs are not limited to the field or in the air,” said ASU president Jim Winkel. “We realize that training takes place on the range too. The OPTEX Red Tail gives users the ability to spot, record and video shots and use for future training. In the field, we understand there may also be a use on special mission. The OPTEX Red Tail is a nice addition to our diversity of products that we offer.”
For additional information on the OPTEX Red Tail visit http://www.asu-nvg.com/redtail.
Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU), http://www.asu-nvg.com was established in 1995 to meet the growing demand for aviation night vision systems. Since that time, the company has earned a reputation as a leading innovator in aviation night vision imaging system design, manufacturing, installation, certification, sales, training and service. ASU continues to invest in the development of innovative products and solutions. In 2014, ASU began expanding its corporate headquarters and staff to better serve customers around the world who operate in the air, on land, and by sea.
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020