From the Airborne Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) annual convention held in Houston Texas, Aviation Specialties Unlimited Inc., (ASU) showcased the OPTEX Red Tail Digital Spotting Scope.
The Wifi enabled spotting scope has an optical 45X high definition image that records images or videos straight to a smartphone or tablet (wireless range of 150 feet minimum). The system’s objective lens is a very compact, high performance300mm focal length catadioptric optical assembly, having a field of view from 56 feet at 1000 yards (1.1 degrees). Full scope weighs only 18 ounces without the tripod and has a small size of 6” long by 3” diameter. The runtime on the Red Tail is 3+ hours.
“Law enforcement needs are not limited to the field or in the air,” said ASU president Jim Winkel. “We realize that training takes place on the range too. The OPTEX Red Tail gives users the ability to spot, record and video shots and use for future training. In the field, we understand there may also be a use on special mission. The OPTEX Red Tail is a nice addition to our diversity of products that we offer.”
For additional information on the OPTEX Red Tail visit http://www.asu-nvg.com/redtail.
Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU), http://www.asu-nvg.com was established in 1995 to meet the growing demand for aviation night vision systems. Since that time, the company has earned a reputation as a leading innovator in aviation night vision imaging system design, manufacturing, installation, certification, sales, training and service. ASU continues to invest in the development of innovative products and solutions. In 2014, ASU began expanding its corporate headquarters and staff to better serve customers around the world who operate in the air, on land, and by sea.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring