Airbus Helicopters Inc. is pleased to announce that the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) have taken delivery of new Airbus Helicopters H125s as part of the two agencies’multi-year fleet replacement plans.The H125 is the U.S. law enforcement market sales leader.
CHPrecently took delivery of itsthird H125 (previously AS350 B3e), part of a five-year contract to upgrade its helicopter fleet. CHP has also ordered two additional H125s as replacements for aging AS350B3s. CHP has been flying AS350-series AStar helicopters for 30 years. The new H125s are equipped to provide enhanced performance for search and rescue and other law enforcementoperations. Completion services are being performed by Hangar One Avionics of Carlsbad, Calif.
LAPD has taken delivery of its first H125 as part of its plan to upgrade from AS350B2 helicopters to the more capable H125. Customers of Airbus Helicopters Inc. for 25 years, LAPD continues to be pleased with the capabilities and support offered by the Grand Prairie, Texas-based company.
“The H125 is the premier platform for conducting aerial patrol police missions,” said Lt. Phil Smith of the LAPD Air Support Division. “These helicopters provide us with the best power, safety and efficiency needed to do our job, and we are excited for the opportunity to upgrade our fleet.”
The City of Los Angeles Department of General Services will handle completion of the new LAPD H125.
“Many agencies in the State of California and across the country are ready to replace their aging law enforcement helicopter fleetsand the H125 is the ideal platform to meet all mission requirements, while keeping operating costs low,” said Ed Van Winkle, Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “The recent deliveries to CHP and LAPDdemonstrate the high level of trust that each agency has in the performance and capability of the Airbus Helicopters H125 AStar.”
Airbus Helicopters’ AS350-series aircraft are the most widely purchased helicopters by U.S. law enforcement agencies. More than 220 are in use nationwide with 43 different law enforcement agencies, 75 of them delivered in the last five years.
The AStar is known for its performance, reliability and multi-mission flexibility. The H125 features dual hydraulics, dual channel engine FADEC, 30-minute take-off power and advanced glass-panel cockpit displays. With a Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine, the H125 boasts a significant power reserve, along with unmatched tail rotor authority and hot and high performance. The H125 is the perfect platform for a wide variety of law enforcement missions in varied operating environments.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. will display a new H125 operated by the Austin Police Department at Booth 739 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association ALEA Expo 2015 in Houston, July 15-17.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation