Precision Aviation Group, Inc. (PAG) announced at the Airborne Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) annual convention that the company has signed an agreement with Magellan Aerospace (“Magellan”) to distribute the Wire Strike Protection System (WSPS™) globally. The agreement allows PAG to sell and distribute Magellan-developed aftermarket kits for Bell models 206, 204, 205, 210, 212, 412, 407, 222, 230, 430, 427, 429; Eurocopter models BK117 (FLIR), BK117 (Non-FLIR), BO-105, AS350; MD models 500C &D, 500E, 530F, 500N, MD600, MD900; and Sikorsky model S-76.
With this agreement, all ten PAG companies, Precision Heliparts (PHP), Precision Accessories & Instruments (PAI), Precision Aviation Services (PAS), Precision Heliparts-Canada (PHP-C), Precision Accessories & Instruments -Canada (PAI-C), Precision Aero Technology (PAT), Precision Heliparts – Lafayette (PHP-LA), Precision Heliparts – Australia (PHP-AU), Precision Accessories & Instruments – Australia (PAI-AU) and Aviation Controls, Inc. (ACI) have added Magellan’s WSPS™ to its growing list of products and services in support of rotorcraft platforms.
“We are pleased to add Magellan Aerospace as a valued partner to our business,” said Adrienne Robinson, PAG Vice President, Business Development. “We have been supporting the world’s largest mission critical rotorcraft fleets since 1993, adding Magellan’s WSPS™ to our OEM distribution product lines allow us to provide our customer base with the best WSPS™ in the market. Magellan’s WSPS™ offers the rare combination of superior quality and great pricing for an unbeatable value – which complements PAG’s existing products and services, said Robinson”.
The WSPS™, designed and manufactured by Magellan, provides a measure of protection for helicopters in the event of accidental wire contact by the helicopter in forward and level flight. The WSPS™ uses proprietary design, analysis, and manufacture of components uniquely suited to each helicopter model and can be optimized for each helicopter platform with mission-specific equipment. Magellan has developed more than 70 commercial and military models of WSPS™ for customers around the world, and continues to develop systems for new helicopter platforms.
About Precision Aviation Group
Precision Aviation Group (PAG) is a leading provider of products and value-added services to the worldwide aerospace and defense industry. With nine locations and more than 210,000-square-feet of sales and service facilities in the United States, Canada and Australia, PAG uses its distinct business units and customer-focused business model to serve aviation customers through two business functions – Aviation Supply Chain – and its trademarked Inventory Supported Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (ISMRO®) services.
PAG provides MRO and Supply Chain Solutions for Fixed and Rotary-wing aircraft through: Precision Heliparts – PHP (www.heliparts.com); Precision Aviation Services – PAS (www.pas-pag.com); Precision Accessories & Instruments – PAI (www.precisionaccessories.com); Precision Heliparts Canada – PHP-C (www.heliparts.ca); Precision Accessories & Instruments Canada – PAI-C (www.pai-canada.com); PHP-Instruments & Accessories – PHP-IA (www.heliparts.com); Precision Aero Technology –PAT (www.precisionaerotechnology.com), Precision Aviation Group Australia PTY LTD – PHP-AU and Aviation Controls Inc. – ACI (aviationcontrolsinc.com). PAG subsidiaries have MRO capabilities on over 35,000 products, including accessories, avionics, engine components, hydraulics, instruments, NDT, starter/generators, and wheels/brakes (www.precisionaviationgroup.com).
About Magellan Aerospace
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. Magellan designs, engineers, and manufactures aeroengine and aerostructure assemblies and components for aerospace markets, advanced products for military and space markets, industrial power generation, and specialty products. Magellan is a public company whose shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MAL), with operating units throughout Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, India, and Poland.
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22