FlightSafety has been selected by the Los Angeles Police Department Air Support Unit to provide training for the Bell 412 helicopter.
“Our King Air pilots have experienced consistently high quality training and support from FlightSafety for years, so they were our first choice to support us launching the Bell 412 program,” said Officer Kevin Gallagher, Chief Pilot of the LAPD Air Support Unit. “The Bell 412 program is a critical component in the homeland security initiative that the City of Los Angeles has launched to protect its citizens, and we need the best trained pilots for this mission.”
“We are honored to be selected by the LAPD Air Support Unit to provide Bell 412 training,” said Steve Gross, Vice President, Sales. “This clearly demonstrates our mutual commitment to helicopter safety and FlightSafety’s ability to provide the highest quality training that meets the specific needs of the LAPD.”
The training will be conducted at FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Dallas, Texas using a new Level D qualified interchangeable Bell 212/412EPFastFin simulator. When configured for the Bell 212, the simulator will offer the Garmin GPS500 and simulated Bell 3-axis autopilot. The Honeywell EDZ-705 EFIS System and Honeywell SPZ-7600 3-axis autopilot with 4-axis autopilot change-out will be used for Bell 412 training.
The simulator will feature FlightSafety’s new VITAL 1100 visual system and CrewView glass mirror display. The VITAL 1100 visual system enhances training by providing mission specific photo-realistic imagery with vastly improved scene content, and exceptional environmental effects. FlightSafety’s CrewView glass mirror displays deliver superior optical performance, sharper image clarity, and are night vision capable.
FlightSafety provides a wide variety of courses for helicopters manufactured by AgustaWestland, Airbus, Bell Helicopter and Sikorsky. The training is offered at Learning Centers in Dallas, Texas; Lafayette, Louisiana; Shreveport, Louisiana; Stavanger, Norway; West Palm Beach, Florida; and at the Farnborough airport in the United Kingdom. A new Center for helicopter training is scheduled to open in Denver, Colorado next year.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated