MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2015 Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA)Expo, July 15-17, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. The MD Helicopters booth, #721, will feature one of eight (8) MD 500Es in active service with the Houston Police Department, along with industry-leading systems and components designed to improve Police Air Unit effectiveness in the execution of a range of law enforcement missions.
“MD Helicopters is honored to support the organizations, men and women of Airborne Law Enforcement units around the world,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Air Units play an integral role in almost every law enforcement mission scenario. The proven performance and reliability of our aircraft, especially when enhanced with the industry’s leading component, communications and systems providers, creates an airborne law enforcement solution that is unmatched for efficiency, value and ease of operation.”
In addition to showcasing one of the eight (8) MD 500Es in service with the Houston Police De partment,
ALEA’s host city aviation unit, the MD Helicopters booth will feature displays from a number of industry
leading component and systems partners including:
1) The Scorpion® Helmet Mounted Cueing System from Thales
2) The TRAKKA Beam A800 Tactical Searchlight
3) Churchill Navigation’s Augmented Reality System (ARS) – delivering on-screen control of external mission equipment and on-board dual channel HD recording, increasing crew effectiveness by overlaying street and address data on top of real time sensor video, so the operator can stay focused on the target.
4) The FLIR Star SAFIRE 260-HLD – a lightweight, Single-LRU stabilized nine inch turret featuring up to six imaging and laser payloads, including diode pumped laser designation for precision targeting.
“We are excited to welcome so many of our industry-leading partners to our booth this year,” Kitchen concludes. “Workingwith industry icons like Thales, TRAKKA, Churchill and FLIR among many others allows us to deliver unmatched performance, value and operational flexibility in a customer-defined solution. Everyone wins.”
For more than 40 years, law enforcement agencies worldwide have recognized MD Helicopters’products for their ability to serve a wide variety of mission profiles. The company’s class-leading helicopters offer responsive agility, versatility, unparalleled safety and economic value. Operators worldwide turn to MD Helicopters forhigh-performance rotorcraft backed by a passion for service and support.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer,and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about
MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™