MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2015 Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA)Expo, July 15-17, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. The MD Helicopters booth, #721, will feature one of eight (8) MD 500Es in active service with the Houston Police Department, along with industry-leading systems and components designed to improve Police Air Unit effectiveness in the execution of a range of law enforcement missions.
“MD Helicopters is honored to support the organizations, men and women of Airborne Law Enforcement units around the world,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Air Units play an integral role in almost every law enforcement mission scenario. The proven performance and reliability of our aircraft, especially when enhanced with the industry’s leading component, communications and systems providers, creates an airborne law enforcement solution that is unmatched for efficiency, value and ease of operation.”
In addition to showcasing one of the eight (8) MD 500Es in service with the Houston Police De partment,
ALEA’s host city aviation unit, the MD Helicopters booth will feature displays from a number of industry
leading component and systems partners including:
1) The Scorpion® Helmet Mounted Cueing System from Thales
2) The TRAKKA Beam A800 Tactical Searchlight
3) Churchill Navigation’s Augmented Reality System (ARS) – delivering on-screen control of external mission equipment and on-board dual channel HD recording, increasing crew effectiveness by overlaying street and address data on top of real time sensor video, so the operator can stay focused on the target.
4) The FLIR Star SAFIRE 260-HLD – a lightweight, Single-LRU stabilized nine inch turret featuring up to six imaging and laser payloads, including diode pumped laser designation for precision targeting.
“We are excited to welcome so many of our industry-leading partners to our booth this year,” Kitchen concludes. “Workingwith industry icons like Thales, TRAKKA, Churchill and FLIR among many others allows us to deliver unmatched performance, value and operational flexibility in a customer-defined solution. Everyone wins.”
For more than 40 years, law enforcement agencies worldwide have recognized MD Helicopters’products for their ability to serve a wide variety of mission profiles. The company’s class-leading helicopters offer responsive agility, versatility, unparalleled safety and economic value. Operators worldwide turn to MD Helicopters forhigh-performance rotorcraft backed by a passion for service and support.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer,and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about
MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President