MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2015 Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA)Expo, July 15-17, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. The MD Helicopters booth, #721, will feature one of eight (8) MD 500Es in active service with the Houston Police Department, along with industry-leading systems and components designed to improve Police Air Unit effectiveness in the execution of a range of law enforcement missions.
“MD Helicopters is honored to support the organizations, men and women of Airborne Law Enforcement units around the world,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Air Units play an integral role in almost every law enforcement mission scenario. The proven performance and reliability of our aircraft, especially when enhanced with the industry’s leading component, communications and systems providers, creates an airborne law enforcement solution that is unmatched for efficiency, value and ease of operation.”
In addition to showcasing one of the eight (8) MD 500Es in service with the Houston Police De partment,
ALEA’s host city aviation unit, the MD Helicopters booth will feature displays from a number of industry
leading component and systems partners including:
1) The Scorpion® Helmet Mounted Cueing System from Thales
2) The TRAKKA Beam A800 Tactical Searchlight
3) Churchill Navigation’s Augmented Reality System (ARS) – delivering on-screen control of external mission equipment and on-board dual channel HD recording, increasing crew effectiveness by overlaying street and address data on top of real time sensor video, so the operator can stay focused on the target.
4) The FLIR Star SAFIRE 260-HLD – a lightweight, Single-LRU stabilized nine inch turret featuring up to six imaging and laser payloads, including diode pumped laser designation for precision targeting.
“We are excited to welcome so many of our industry-leading partners to our booth this year,” Kitchen concludes. “Workingwith industry icons like Thales, TRAKKA, Churchill and FLIR among many others allows us to deliver unmatched performance, value and operational flexibility in a customer-defined solution. Everyone wins.”
For more than 40 years, law enforcement agencies worldwide have recognized MD Helicopters’products for their ability to serve a wide variety of mission profiles. The company’s class-leading helicopters offer responsive agility, versatility, unparalleled safety and economic value. Operators worldwide turn to MD Helicopters forhigh-performance rotorcraft backed by a passion for service and support.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military,law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer,and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about
MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director