True Blue Power® is selling the new TEX16 lithium-ion main ship battery, which is specifically designed for experimental aircraft. This advanced battery system will be available for purchase exclusively at the Experimental Aircraft Association’s (EAA) annual AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, July 20 – 26.
The TEX16 is designed with the same architecture as FAA-certified True Blue Power battery products and offers the experimental aircraft market a safe and reliable lithium-ion main ship battery. This 16 Ah (amp-hour) battery features A123 Nanophosphate® lithium-ion chemistry with unmatched power, safety, life and energy. It weighs 15.6 pounds—a 45 percent weight savings—when compared to older, lead-acid or nickel-cadmium (NiCad) alternatives.
The TEX16 uniquely features a built-in charger, ensuring it is truly compatible with many existing aircraft. Internal protections include: overcharge, overdischarge, over-current, short circuit, under-temperature protection via an automatic built-in heater, and an over-temperature protection circuit. The battery’s extended 2-year maintenance cycle equates to 50 – 90 percent maintenance cost savings. Faster engine starts offer 3 – 4 times longer useful life.
To purchase the TEX16 Lithium-ion Battery for the special event price of $2,800, visit the True Blue Power booth #2007 in Exhibit Hangar B throughout EAA AirVenture, July 20 – 26 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
For more information about True Blue Power products, contact Rick Slater, True Blue Power Division Manager at 316-630-0101 or visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About True Blue Power®
True Blue Power®, a division of Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc., specializes in the custom design and manufacture of power solutions for the aviation industry, including USB charging ports, inverters, emergency power supplies and advanced lithium-ion batteries. Select products feature proprietary, Nanophosphate® Lithium-ion battery technology, which offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance — this translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions. For more information, visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc. (dba Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics)
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics manufactures, overhauls and repairs aircraft instruments, avionics and advanced power solutions for the global aerospace industry. Serving 57 countries, Mid-Continent supports business and commercial aviation, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), defense, and special missions markets. The company manufactures more than 20,000 units per year and processes more than 15,000 units in its overhaul, exchange and repair operation. Mid-Continent’s customer base includes original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), fixed base operators (FBOs), instrument and avionics shops, flight schools and government agencies. Mid-Continent products are found in most Cessna-built aircraft, Beechcraft, Cirrus, Diamond, Piper, Sikorsky, Nextant Aerospace, Vulcanair, Robinson Helicopter, Airbus Helicopter, Bell Helicopter, Enstrom Helicopter, MD Helicopters, and many more. For additional information, please visit mcico.com.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics