Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) today announced that its Defense Solutions division has further expanded its industry-leading Video Management System (VMS) product family with the introduction of the newest member of its lower cost rugged LCD mission displays. Addressing the growing demand for affordable, high performance mission displays, the new 10.4” PVDU2600 touchscreen display combines high brightness and robust construction with a range of optional embedded Intel® processor options (Intel Atom™ E3800/ Intel Core™ i3-4010U/Intel Core i5-4300U/ Intel Core i7-4650U). Compact (9.6 x 7.9 x 3.2” / 250 x 200 x 82mm) and lightweight (8.8 lbs.), this 1024×768 resolution display is ideal for SWaP-C constrained fixed and rotor-wing aircraft and tactical ground vehicles.
Built for optimal performance in harsh environments, the non-ITAR PVDU2600 is designed to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810/461 testing requirements. Built to AS9100 quality-certified manufacturing services in a UK MoD Design Approval Organisation Scheme (DAOS) certified facility, this highly-reliable display features fully sealed, optically-bonded glass for durability, high brightness (1000 cd/m2), and NVIS-compatible dual-LED backlighting to ensure optimal viewability – day or night – in all light conditions. In addition to eliminating the SWaP burden of a separate processor unit, with its optional processor the PVDU2600 can run demanding applications, including real-time video decompression and display, moving maps and mission computing. Unmatched user interface flexibility is built-in: simple-to-write code can define every aspect of the display’s operation including the ability to define “soft” keys activated within the touchscreen controlled area.
“The latest addition to our high quality, high performance mission display family helps system designers reduce SWaP on aircraft and vehicles with a built-in embedded PC,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “System integrators need to give their flight teams more access to mission critical video and they need more on-board compute power, but the challenge is giving them both while reducing size, power, and costs. The PVDU2600 accomplishes that by providing world-class touchscreen performance while eliminating the need for an additional PC system.”
The PVDU2600’s optional embedded processor enables the system integrator to select from a range of processor and memory options, and supports the Windows, Linux and VxWorks operating systems. Customer-developed software can be hosted using built-in flash storage. The display can also run an X Windows server to support remote graphics applications via its Ethernet connection.
The new 10.4” display joins Curtiss-Wright’s family of rugged LCD touchscreen products:
• 7” SVDU1800 (supports optional embedded PC)
• 12.1″ AVDU3000
• 14.1” AVDU3600
• 17.3” AVDU4300
• 21.5” AVDU5500
The PVDU2600 can be used either in a standalone configuration or can be easily integrated with other Curtiss-Wright VMS video products such as the VDSU-1420 digital switch and VRDV7000 digital recorder. Curtiss-Wright VMS products offer complete surveillance solutions for aerospace & defense and public safety platforms including mission displays, video distribution, video recording, switching and streaming technology for police, customs, coast guard, border patrol, military, search & rescue, air ambulance, government agency aircraft and ground law enforcement applications. Curtiss-Wright displays are fully qualified, reducing the risk to system integrators of failure during commissioning or operation.
For an overview of the technology behind Curtiss-Wright’s advanced rugged displays, please download our white paper, “Characteristics of Quality Mission Displays”.
For additional information on mission display, video recorder, and video distribution products please visit www.curtisswrightds.com/vms.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia