The STARS organization is thrilled to announce their annual lottery in Saskatchewan has sold out for the first time in the event’s four year history.
The lottery provides significant funding for STARS’ bases in Saskatoon and Regina.
“Approximately 50 per cent of the funding for our two bases in Saskatchewan comes from local supporters. Each and every person who buys a STARS Lottery ticket is helping contribute to the safety of the community,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS.
“This is major milestone for us and we are absolutely thrilled. We have so much gratitude for the support the people of this province have shown STARS through their response to our lottery,” she said.
The lottery offered 2,100 prizes worth more than $4.1 million retail and included two grand prize show homes, and an early bird prizes package of a truck and boat valued at $138,000 retail.
There are also five vehicles to be drawn for along with 12 vacations, a travel trailer, cash, electronics and home appliances.
There is also the Lucky STARS 50/50 in which the lucky ticket holder will take home half of the cash, which is $783,720. A total of $ $1,567,440 worth of tickets were sold.
Draws for all prizes will begin August 10 and end August 12, when the top 10 prize winners will be announced and later posted on the lottery website www.starslotterysaskatchewan.com.
STARS provides specialized emergency medical care and air transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has bases in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats