The STARS organization is thrilled to announce their annual lottery in Saskatchewan has sold out for the first time in the event’s four year history.
The lottery provides significant funding for STARS’ bases in Saskatoon and Regina.
“Approximately 50 per cent of the funding for our two bases in Saskatchewan comes from local supporters. Each and every person who buys a STARS Lottery ticket is helping contribute to the safety of the community,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS.
“This is major milestone for us and we are absolutely thrilled. We have so much gratitude for the support the people of this province have shown STARS through their response to our lottery,” she said.
The lottery offered 2,100 prizes worth more than $4.1 million retail and included two grand prize show homes, and an early bird prizes package of a truck and boat valued at $138,000 retail.
There are also five vehicles to be drawn for along with 12 vacations, a travel trailer, cash, electronics and home appliances.
There is also the Lucky STARS 50/50 in which the lucky ticket holder will take home half of the cash, which is $783,720. A total of $ $1,567,440 worth of tickets were sold.
Draws for all prizes will begin August 10 and end August 12, when the top 10 prize winners will be announced and later posted on the lottery website www.starslotterysaskatchewan.com.
STARS provides specialized emergency medical care and air transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has bases in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator