The STARS organization is thrilled to announce their annual lottery in Saskatchewan has sold out for the first time in the event’s four year history.
The lottery provides significant funding for STARS’ bases in Saskatoon and Regina.
“Approximately 50 per cent of the funding for our two bases in Saskatchewan comes from local supporters. Each and every person who buys a STARS Lottery ticket is helping contribute to the safety of the community,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS.
“This is major milestone for us and we are absolutely thrilled. We have so much gratitude for the support the people of this province have shown STARS through their response to our lottery,” she said.
The lottery offered 2,100 prizes worth more than $4.1 million retail and included two grand prize show homes, and an early bird prizes package of a truck and boat valued at $138,000 retail.
There are also five vehicles to be drawn for along with 12 vacations, a travel trailer, cash, electronics and home appliances.
There is also the Lucky STARS 50/50 in which the lucky ticket holder will take home half of the cash, which is $783,720. A total of $ $1,567,440 worth of tickets were sold.
Draws for all prizes will begin August 10 and end August 12, when the top 10 prize winners will be announced and later posted on the lottery website www.starslotterysaskatchewan.com.
STARS provides specialized emergency medical care and air transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has bases in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit