This new contract covers component maintenance for the TMS to ensure full system availability. This will include, among other capabilities, the helicopter’s sonar system for anti-submarine warfare. Saab is now responsible for the support and maintenance of the entire Hkp 14 TMS.
“This agreement confirms our strength as a support provider who ensures the availability of our products throughout their lifecycle. It also confirms our long-standing and good relationships with the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration and the Swedish Armed Forces when it comes to their helicopter operations,” says Jonas Hjelm, head of Saab business area Support and Services.
Component maintenance work will be carried out at the Saab facilities in Järfälla, Jönköping, Linköping and by a number of foreign subcontractors.
Saab has already developed and delivered the tactical mission system (TMS) for the Swedish variant of the NHIndustries NH90 helicopter, designated Helikopter 14 (Hkp 14) in Swedish service.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions within military defence and civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents throughout the world. Through innovative, pragmatic and collaborative work, Saab constantly develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet the changing requirements of customers.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020