Tanis Aircraft Products is proud to announce a Supplemental Type Certificate for the Bell 407 – Installation of Tanis Preheat System.
Tanis manufactures the only heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely heats all critical components. Helicopter preheat systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotorgear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, and oil coolers.Battery preheat systems are also available and sold separately. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preheating adds to operational reliability, flight safety, flight utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
Preheating the components is accomplished through heat pad elements mounted to the surface of the components with an approved bonding sealant. Power is applied through an independent wiring assembly that connects all of the heating pads.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/ CEO commented that: “Tanis stands for the most technologically-advanced preheat systems. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. Our line of heli-preheat and protection accessories have long been an industry standard. We are excited to be supporting the Bell 407 by contributing to safe operations and prolonged life of helicopter components “
Since starting our business in 1974, we were the first to develop engine-mounted preheat systems for piston engines, first to offer helicopter preheat, first to offer turbine preheat, and the first to meet the rigorous requirements for FAA Supplement Type Certification.” Tanis Preheat Systems have been tested in the harshest climates available including Siberia, the South and North Poles, and through the Arctic.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid