A helicopter delivered to Dunbar High School on Tuesday will serve as a symbol of aviation education at the school.
The OH-58 mock-up was a gift from Fort Worth-based Bell Helicopter and will be displayed at a 12,000-square-foot hangar that will open at Dunbar this fall.
The school offers two aviation-related programs under the Fort Worth district’s Programs of Choice — aviation engineering and aviation technology.
“At Dunbar High School, excellence is the expectation, not the exception, so we are looking to have more cutting-edge programs and tools and things to address the needs of our students,” Principal Sajade Miller said.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring