A helicopter delivered to Dunbar High School on Tuesday will serve as a symbol of aviation education at the school.
The OH-58 mock-up was a gift from Fort Worth-based Bell Helicopter and will be displayed at a 12,000-square-foot hangar that will open at Dunbar this fall.
The school offers two aviation-related programs under the Fort Worth district’s Programs of Choice — aviation engineering and aviation technology.
“At Dunbar High School, excellence is the expectation, not the exception, so we are looking to have more cutting-edge programs and tools and things to address the needs of our students,” Principal Sajade Miller said.
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus