Following a string of recent high-profile events, PerriQuest Defense Research Enterprises unveiled the world’s most advanced laser-protective eye wear to dozens of aviation industry stakeholders. PerriQuest’s patent-pending technology protects the wearer from harmful red, green, and blue laser light without compromising the wearer’s ability to perceive and distinguish color. Production of the groundbreaking technology is set to begin this summer and the company is accepting pre-orders via its website: www.perriquest.com.
“This problem is not going away – in fact, it’s getting worse,” said PerriQuest Founder Dr. Nicholas Perricone. “Tracking down, arresting, and prosecuting the perpetrators of these attacks is a herculean task. While enforcement is important, mitigation technology is really going to put an end to this behavior. Once these glasses are in the hands of commercial pilots, and criminals know their lasers have been rendered useless, we will stop seeing so many incidents. My goal is accomplish that before any catastrophe takes place.”
Many attributes distinguish PerriQuest’s glasses from other technologies in development or available on the market today:
1) Blocks all three laser colors. Current technologies block green, red, or blue – not all three;
2) Does not compromise the wearer’s ability to perceive and distinguish color. Other products distort all perceived color in order to block laser light;
3) Provides full coverage. Glasses available today often provide protection only from direct attacks or attacks from “twelve o’clock.” PerriQuest’s technology protect the wearer from attacks at wide angles;
4) Comfortable and wearable. Many technologies on the market today are intended for laboratory use and are not comfortable, hindering compliance;
5) Deployable. PerriQuest’s solution is ready for immediate use.
PerriQuest is exhibiting the technology in Washington this week at the 61st annual Air Safety Forum, hosted by the Air Line Pilots Association. More information can be found on the company website www.perriquest.com.
ABOUT PERRIQUEST DEFENSE RESEARCH ENTERPRISES:
Founded by Nicholas Perricone, MD, PerriQuest provides creative technical solutions to address emerging threats against the American public and our military forces. The company is set up to quickly assemble cross-disciplinary teams of innovators, and provide experienced technical leadership to produce practical solutions to difficult problems. PerriQuest innovations combine outside-the-box approaches with fresh scientific perspectives to overcome seemingly impossible challenges.
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC
- Student pilot disputes NTSB report
- New rules for helicopter flights in the Everest region
- EHang Further Rebuts Short-Seller’s Allegations Concerning its Relationship with Kunxiang
- Minot AFB already preparing for MH-139A Grey Wolf
- Indonesian Army receive second Bell 412EPI
- Irish Community Rapid Response Air Ambulance reports 2020 stats
- EHang Wins Urban Air Mobility Call from Paris
- Gulf Med Aviation Services to invest in MRO training
- WAI receives $250,000 grant to fund additional scholarships
- Sloane Helicopters ranked in top 40 UK private companies for international sales growth
- Strategic New Appointments At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
- Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of AH-64E Apache