Robinson Helicopter Company announced its R66 Turbine Police Helicopter with the FLIR Systems Ultra 8000 Infrared Camera and the Spectrolab SX-7 searchlight with 30-million candlepower has been reconfigured to include a multitude of upgrades. This high performance 4-place police helicopter comes standard with a Garmin G500H Primary and Multifunction Display System (PFD/MFD), a Garmin GTN 635 touch-screen navigator, and a Garmin GTR 225A COM radio. Also standard are Boland’s 10.4” LCD monitor and two 6-channel audio controllers.
A new streamlined instrument panel houses the Garmin G500H PFD/MFD along with traditional instruments and dual audio controllers. With the G500H panel, the aircraft can be flown from either seat and dual audio controllers allow for independent radio monitoring and transmitting by the pilot or copilot.
To complete the package, Robinson expanded the R66 Police Helicopter options list. New options include Genesys Aerosystems’ HeliSAS autopilot, Garmin’s GTN 650/750 navigators, FreeFlight’s RA-4500 radar altimeter which displays radar altitude information on the G500H PFD, Technisonic’s TDFM 9000 radio in a variety of single to four band options, and Aerocomputers’ moving map system with View Sync 3D capability.
A fully-loaded R66 Police Helicopter, the first to come off the line with the new configuration, will be delivered to Night Flight Concepts in Bedford, Texas. The helicopter will be one of Night Flight’s platform aircraft for its Law Enforcement Air Support Entity (L.E.A.S.E.) program.
Base price for the R66 Turbine Police Helicopter has been set at $1,185,000.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation