Robinson Helicopter Company announced its R66 Turbine Police Helicopter with the FLIR Systems Ultra 8000 Infrared Camera and the Spectrolab SX-7 searchlight with 30-million candlepower has been reconfigured to include a multitude of upgrades. This high performance 4-place police helicopter comes standard with a Garmin G500H Primary and Multifunction Display System (PFD/MFD), a Garmin GTN 635 touch-screen navigator, and a Garmin GTR 225A COM radio. Also standard are Boland’s 10.4” LCD monitor and two 6-channel audio controllers.
A new streamlined instrument panel houses the Garmin G500H PFD/MFD along with traditional instruments and dual audio controllers. With the G500H panel, the aircraft can be flown from either seat and dual audio controllers allow for independent radio monitoring and transmitting by the pilot or copilot.
To complete the package, Robinson expanded the R66 Police Helicopter options list. New options include Genesys Aerosystems’ HeliSAS autopilot, Garmin’s GTN 650/750 navigators, FreeFlight’s RA-4500 radar altimeter which displays radar altitude information on the G500H PFD, Technisonic’s TDFM 9000 radio in a variety of single to four band options, and Aerocomputers’ moving map system with View Sync 3D capability.
A fully-loaded R66 Police Helicopter, the first to come off the line with the new configuration, will be delivered to Night Flight Concepts in Bedford, Texas. The helicopter will be one of Night Flight’s platform aircraft for its Law Enforcement Air Support Entity (L.E.A.S.E.) program.
Base price for the R66 Turbine Police Helicopter has been set at $1,185,000.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips