The Night Vision Awards took place Thursday, July 16, 2915, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas in conjunction with the AirborneLaw Enforcement Association (ALEA) Annual Convention.
Sponsors of the event included Aviation Specialties Unlimited (ASU), Night Flight Concepts, (NFC), Vertical Magazine and Rotorcraft Pro Magazine.
The awards ceremony was at max capacity with standing room only.
“We had the best award show turn out to date,” said Night Vision Awards Emcee, Scott Emerine. “We introduced two new categories and live music to add new life to the event. We hope the event continues to grow.”
The following honors were awarded at the event: 5 Year Service Awards to Boston Medflight and Calgary Police Service – Air Support Unit.
“This award was an honor,” according to Rick Kenin of Boston MedFlight (BMF). “At BMF, nothing is more important than the safety of crew and patients and a culture of safety is maintained that involves the entire organization. These awards also demonstrate an organizations commitment to the betterment of the community at large, something BMF feels a deep responsibility for. In collaboration with local officials, schools and civic organizations, BMF goes out into the community on a regular basis to teach safety awareness. “
A 10 Year Service Awards was presented to Texas Department of Public Safety;a 15 Year Service Award to Santa Barbara County Air Support and Air Methods Corporation and;a 20 Year Service Award to Arizona Department of Public Safety Air Rescue Units; and Santa Barbara County Air Support Unit also receivedthe Community Awareness Award.
According to ALEA board member and representative of the Santa Barbara County Air Support Unit, Gregg Weitzman, “We are a unit that’s serves our community without any expectation of praise because it’s our job and it’s what we love to do. By utilizing the latest night vision goggle technology we are better able to serve the citizens we protect each day.”
About The Night Vision Awards
The Night Vision Awards were established to honor operations using Night Vision Goggles to advance the mission of safety throughout the world. For additional information on the awards visit http://www.nightvisionawards.com.
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia