Metro recently delivered its 75th H145 completion and the first H145 T2 in North America to Dare MedFlight, a leading air medical provider serving North Carolina’s Dare County. As the launch customer for the H145 T2, Dare County worked closely with Metro Aviation to ensure the new airframe fit their exact mission profile.
The H145 T2 is a versatile multi-mission helicopter utilizing Airbus’ recognizable Fenestron tail rotor. MedFlight’s new aircraft is equipped with an full EMS interior, wire strike protection system, air conditioner, dual Nightscanner searchlight, ADS-B in and out-surveillance and a color weather radar, among other features.
Metro recently earned a Supplemental Type Certificate (“STC”) amendment for the H145 T2 that covers a full EMS kit and a list of optional equipment that could be used in other types of operations such as corporate, utility and VIP. The amended STC includes upgraded digital equipment control and configuration panels, allowing each seated cabin crewmember control of lighting and onboard medical equipment.
This H145 T2 generated buzz while on display at the 2015 HELI-EXPO. During the show, Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz commented, “We are proud to add another first to our resume. We completed the first H135, the first H145 T1, and now the first H145 T2.”
Metro Aviation operates the largest, most comprehensive air medical completion center in the world and has completed more H135s and H145s than any other completion center.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria