Metro recently delivered its 75th H145 completion and the first H145 T2 in North America to Dare MedFlight, a leading air medical provider serving North Carolina’s Dare County. As the launch customer for the H145 T2, Dare County worked closely with Metro Aviation to ensure the new airframe fit their exact mission profile.
The H145 T2 is a versatile multi-mission helicopter utilizing Airbus’ recognizable Fenestron tail rotor. MedFlight’s new aircraft is equipped with an full EMS interior, wire strike protection system, air conditioner, dual Nightscanner searchlight, ADS-B in and out-surveillance and a color weather radar, among other features.
Metro recently earned a Supplemental Type Certificate (“STC”) amendment for the H145 T2 that covers a full EMS kit and a list of optional equipment that could be used in other types of operations such as corporate, utility and VIP. The amended STC includes upgraded digital equipment control and configuration panels, allowing each seated cabin crewmember control of lighting and onboard medical equipment.
This H145 T2 generated buzz while on display at the 2015 HELI-EXPO. During the show, Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz commented, “We are proud to add another first to our resume. We completed the first H135, the first H145 T1, and now the first H145 T2.”
Metro Aviation operates the largest, most comprehensive air medical completion center in the world and has completed more H135s and H145s than any other completion center.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President