Metro recently delivered its 75th H145 completion and the first H145 T2 in North America to Dare MedFlight, a leading air medical provider serving North Carolina’s Dare County. As the launch customer for the H145 T2, Dare County worked closely with Metro Aviation to ensure the new airframe fit their exact mission profile.
The H145 T2 is a versatile multi-mission helicopter utilizing Airbus’ recognizable Fenestron tail rotor. MedFlight’s new aircraft is equipped with an full EMS interior, wire strike protection system, air conditioner, dual Nightscanner searchlight, ADS-B in and out-surveillance and a color weather radar, among other features.
Metro recently earned a Supplemental Type Certificate (“STC”) amendment for the H145 T2 that covers a full EMS kit and a list of optional equipment that could be used in other types of operations such as corporate, utility and VIP. The amended STC includes upgraded digital equipment control and configuration panels, allowing each seated cabin crewmember control of lighting and onboard medical equipment.
This H145 T2 generated buzz while on display at the 2015 HELI-EXPO. During the show, Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz commented, “We are proud to add another first to our resume. We completed the first H135, the first H145 T1, and now the first H145 T2.”
Metro Aviation operates the largest, most comprehensive air medical completion center in the world and has completed more H135s and H145s than any other completion center.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics