Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, is pleased to announce newly designed and certified enhancements for the S-64 Aircrane to improve situational awareness for aircraft pilots. As part of a continuous improvement initiative, the company has installed and certified FAA mandated Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) OUT (transmit) systems, which are ADS-B IN (receive) systems combined with state of the art GPS units with Helicopter Terrain and Awareness System (HTAWS). The HTAWS system provides flight crews with real time visual and audible information for terrain and obstacles in and around the helicopter flight plan.
Erickson performed all system design, integration, testing and certification for the advanced avionics, and has selected Garmin Limited to supply the hardware for the new systems. The modification is FAA approved and certified to today’s regulatory requirements, but will also be compliant with the new mandated FAA requirements that will be required by December 31st, 2019. Erickson has released the first modified machine to service following successful flight testing.
Since the company acquired the Type Certificate for the S-64 Aircrane in 1992, Erickson has been the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for the aircraft, and has continuously improved the helicopter’s reliability, safety, operating costs, supply chain and overall capabilities. This new, state of the art design, test and certification of the ADS-B OUT system can be applied to any platform, and when combined with the company’s manufacturing capabilities, clearly identifies Erickson as a “one stop shop” for ADS-B, HTAWS and other avionics upgrades and system enhancements.
Erickson Vice President of Manufacturing and MRO, Kerry Jarandson said of the project, “We continue to invest in product enhancing features, such as the ADS-B, to leverage our manufacturing and MRO capabilities. Industry leading product innovation is in our DNA, and we continue to deploy new ideas for our fleet as well as the global customer base we support.”
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Government Services, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksonaviation.com.
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO