Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, is pleased to announce newly designed and certified enhancements for the S-64 Aircrane to improve situational awareness for aircraft pilots. As part of a continuous improvement initiative, the company has installed and certified FAA mandated Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) OUT (transmit) systems, which are ADS-B IN (receive) systems combined with state of the art GPS units with Helicopter Terrain and Awareness System (HTAWS). The HTAWS system provides flight crews with real time visual and audible information for terrain and obstacles in and around the helicopter flight plan.
Erickson performed all system design, integration, testing and certification for the advanced avionics, and has selected Garmin Limited to supply the hardware for the new systems. The modification is FAA approved and certified to today’s regulatory requirements, but will also be compliant with the new mandated FAA requirements that will be required by December 31st, 2019. Erickson has released the first modified machine to service following successful flight testing.
Since the company acquired the Type Certificate for the S-64 Aircrane in 1992, Erickson has been the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for the aircraft, and has continuously improved the helicopter’s reliability, safety, operating costs, supply chain and overall capabilities. This new, state of the art design, test and certification of the ADS-B OUT system can be applied to any platform, and when combined with the company’s manufacturing capabilities, clearly identifies Erickson as a “one stop shop” for ADS-B, HTAWS and other avionics upgrades and system enhancements.
Erickson Vice President of Manufacturing and MRO, Kerry Jarandson said of the project, “We continue to invest in product enhancing features, such as the ADS-B, to leverage our manufacturing and MRO capabilities. Industry leading product innovation is in our DNA, and we continue to deploy new ideas for our fleet as well as the global customer base we support.”
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Government Services, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksonaviation.com.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter