Bristow search and rescue (SAR) framework was recognized as the Green Champion for Scotland in the 2015 Green Apple Awards. The award provides recognition for framework in which sustainability has played a key role and associated objectives have been exceeded.
Balfour Beatty led the £40 million construction framework of seven new SAR facilities and refurbishment of two others by Bristow Group for the delivery of SAR services around the UK on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
Sustainability has been embraced by all stakeholders of the framework, resulting in numerous examples of innovative and best sustainable practice being implemented to reduce environmental impacts and benefit local communities.
Best design and construction practice has been implemented, including the use of building information modeling to resolve traditional challenges. The use of modular off-site construction reduced on-site labor, waste and transportation to the site. Environmental best practice was implemented on every project. Construction teams were supported and inspected by environmental and sustainability advisors.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring