AgustaWestland announced today the sale of a GrandNew to Cristalia, a corporate operator in Brazil, reinforcing AgustaWestland’s strength among corporate operators and the preference for helicopters with quiet and comfortable interiors as well as the latest safety features.
Also on display at this week’s LABACE exhibition, the GrandNew offers comfort, performance and capabilities that can fulfill a wide range of civil and public service role.
Nearly 150 helicopters in AgustaWestland’s light-twin range, including the GrandNew, Grand, and Power, are in operation in Brazil, making it the outright leader in its class across the country.
The GrandNew features the most advanced avionics of any helicopter in its class while retaining the outstanding performance characteristics of the original Grand. The GrandNew is the first type certified light twin (CS/JAR/FAR 27) to enter service with a new EFIS featuring Synthetic Vision and the first helicopter in this class on the market fully compliant with the latest advanced global positioning system-based navigation requirements for all weather operations.
Orders for nearly 350 Grand and GrandNew helicopters have been placed by over 210 customers in nearly 40 countries worldwide to perform many missions including VIP/corporate transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, emergency medical service, SAR, harbor pilot shuttle, maritime patrol and water pollution monitoring.
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker