As in previous years, the winner(s) of the ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be selected by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 13th-15th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000.00 in addition to recognition from the industry.
“It is our main priority to promote safe flying practices, not only across Canada but around the globe,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Success and safety go hand in hand. It is our intention with this award to create a broader understanding and awareness by highlighting best safety practices and initiatives.”
This award was established as a point of reference to measure the advanced accomplishments of organizations or individuals in sustaining safe helicopter flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation prevalent in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be presented to the nominee(s) whose exceptional or ground-breaking approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
1) Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada from the rotary wing industry who has:
2) Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
3) Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
4) Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
5) Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2015 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: http://www.airbushelicopters.ca/safetyaward-2/
About Airbus Helicopters Canada (www.airbushelicopters.ca)
Airbus Helicopters Canada is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Mirabel, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 690 helicopters in the country. The company recently celebrated over 30 years of success in Canada.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms