Celebrations are taking place across Saskatchewan today following the announcement of the 2015 STARS Saskatchewan LOTTERY WINNERS. This is the first sell-out in the event’s four-year history and organizers are grateful to supporters for helping them reach a milestone for the annual lottery. The Lottery offered 2,100 prizes worth more than $4.1 million and netted $2.4 million for the non-profit.
The winning tickets were drawn at the Saskatoon show home, where STARS officials awarded two grand prize show homes and announced the winners of some of the highest valued prizes.
Tim LeBlanc and his wife Verna of Regina were drawn as the winners of the 50/50, and will take home $783,720 in tax free cash. They could not believe it was real when they came home to find a message on their phone from STARS air ambulance. “I just retired June 1,” said Tim LeBlanc. “You always wonder if your pension will last long enough.” The LeBlanc’s, who have six children said they haven’t thought about what they will do with their winnings but say they have a soft spot in their hearts for STARS.
Just over two years ago, a family member experienced a life-threatening medical emergency and was transported by STARS to Regina. “STARS is a remarkable service that we are grateful for. We have always supported them,” says LeBlanc.
This year’s winners of the two grand prize show homes are:
1) Heather & Phil Hayes, from Vanscoy, who won the Regina show home valued at $1.5 million
2) Judy Taylor, from Ridgedale, who won the Saskatoon show home valued at $1.5 million
In addition to the grand prizes and Lucky STARS 50/50, the next seven highest valued prizes were also drawn today at the Saskatoon show home. Those prizes and winners included:
1) Linda Brogden, Emerald Park 2015 GMC Sierra Double Cab 4×4 SLE $ 51,062.00
2) Stuart Carroll, Regina 2015 Jayco Eagle 318rets Travel Trailer $ 47,190.00
3) Joyce Gottfried, Luseland 2015 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT $ 37,092.00
4) Harley & Michelle Gallant, Moose Jaw 2015 VW Jetta Highline 1.8 TSI $ 36,238.40
5) Barlo Macera, Regina 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS $ 31,892.30
6) Shane Hannah, Regina 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport $ 28,039.00
7) Leona & Darcy Smale, Wadena $25,000 Cash $ 25,000.00
Rod Gantefoer, executive director, STARS Foundation says this is the organization’s largest annual fundraiser in Saskatchewan and is critical to the operation of their service. “Proceeds from the lottery bring in about 20 per cent of the operating funds required for our Regina and Saskatoon bases,” he says. “Every year we need to fundraise approximately $10 million, so this goes a long way to contributing to that goal.”
For general information about the STARS LOTTERY and for a complete list of winners, which will be posted by August 17, 2015, visit starslotterysaskatchewan.ca. Lottery license #LR14-0094/Lucky STARS 50/50 license #LR14-0095.
STARS is a non-profit that provides specialized emergency medical care and helicopter transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our physicians, nurses, paramedics and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS has bases in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee