The CommLab at the Helicopter Flight Training Center is providing a dynamic new training experience for communication specialists across the country. Pilots train in flight simulators and medical personnel use patient simulators. Now communication personal can also receive high tech simulator training. Through a partnership with Flight Vector, Golden Hour, HSI, Xybix and Zoll, the CommLab provides scenario-based training and evaluation for air medical communication specialists.
Communication specialists are treated to realistic situations while communicating with pilots simultaneously training in flight simulators at the Helicopter Flight Training Center, and responding to the same scene. Training includes inter-facility and scene transfers, bird strikes, neonatal transfers, multiple aircraft requests, misinformation and landing zones, as well as IFR conditions and inadvertent IMC.
Participants say they appreciate the flexibility to make mistakes and learn new skills, as well as the opportunity to hone existing skills without the pressure of a clock. Real mission scenarios are combined with communication skills, aviation basics and air medical procedures.
The CommLab is geared toward experienced communicators looking to broaden their skillset. Courses are hosted each month at the Helicopter Flight Training Center in Shreveport, Louisiana and are structured around the same software participants are using at their respective programs. The two-day course is $349 and includes all course materials and lunch for both days.
Upcoming CommLab Dates are:
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone