Enstrom Helicopter Corporation is continuing flight testing on the new TH180 helicopter. Originally announced at the 2014 HAI show, Enstrom has since taken a number of signed MOUs on the new helicopter designed for the ab-initio flight training, light commercial, and private owner market.
“We are into the envelope expansion phase,” said Enstrom test pilot Bill Taylor, “we’ve had it out over 90 kts so far, and everything is performing as expected.” Enstrom is currently flight testing the second prototype helicopter, and has begun construction on a third test helicopter, which will be a fully conforming prototype. That aircraft will be added to the flight test fleet later this year, with certification expected in 2016.
The TH180 is based on Enstrom’s solid reputation for safety, durability, and comfort. With few life-limited parts and Enstrom’s industry leading customer and technical support, the TH180 boasts ease of maintenance and low operating costs. “We are installing modern avionics, digital engine instrumentation, and an electronic throttle governor,” said Enstrom Director of Sales Orlando Alaniz. “The industry is changing rapidly and training requirements are changing with it. We are building this helicopter to meet the needs of tomorrow’s pilots.”
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter designed and manufactures light, single-engine piston and turbine helicopters for commercial, government, and personal use. Enstrom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chongqing General Aviation Group (CGAG) and is located in Menominee, Michigan. For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020