Era Group Inc. (NYSE: ERA), a leading helicopter transport operator based in the United States, today announced that Andrew Puhala has been appointed to the position of Senior Vice President, Chief FINANCIAL Officer, effective September 14, 2015.
Mr. Puhala (45) has an extensive background in senior financial leadership positions in the energy industry, most recently as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of American Electric Technologies, Inc. NASDAQ: AETI) from January 2013 to September 2015. As CFO, Mr. Puhala managed the finance and accounting, investor relations, human resources, information technology, legal and administrative functions and led the company’s merger and acquisition initiatives.
Prior to American Electric Technologies, Mr. Puhala served as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of AccessESP (formerly Artificial Lift Company) from 2011 through 2012. During his tenure, he was responsible for the finance and accounting, human resources, legal and administrative functions.
Before joining AccessESP, Mr. Puhala held several senior positions in finance, accounting, treasury and tax during a 15-year tenure with Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE: BHI), including Vice President Finance – Corporate Development, Vice President Finance – Middle East, Division Controller – Centrilift, and Assistant Treasurer. His career also includes four years of public accounting experience with Arthur Andersen. Mr. Puhala is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting and a Master’s degree in Professional Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.
Christopher Bradshaw, who currently serves as Era’s President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief FINANCIAL Officer and, upon Mr. Puhala’s appointment, will serve as President and Chief Executive Officer, said: “Andy brings well-rounded experience in numerous senior financial roles, including CFO, within the energy industry. His executive leadership experience, personal integrity, technical abilities and energetic drive make him a good FIT for this important role at Era. Andy complements our senior management team as we work together to continue providing safe, efficient and reliable customer service.”
About Era Group
Era Group is one of the largest helicopter operators in the world and the longest serving helicopter transport operator in the U.S. In addition to servicing its U.S. customers, Era Group also provides helicopters and related services to third-party helicopter operators and customers in other countries, including Brazil, Colombia, India, Norway, Spain and the United Kingdom. Era Group’s helicopters are primarily used to transport personnel to, from and between offshore installations, drilling rigs and platforms.
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect