The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has announced an additional five scholarships to be awarded to women in the helicopter aviation industry. The additional scholarships available are due to the commitment of the Bristow Group to support advancing the careers of the international organization’s members. According to Colleen Chen, Whirly-Girl Vice President of Scholarships, the number of scholarships available for 2016 are at a record setting of 24.
The Whirly-Girls organization is an international organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries. Bristow Group recognizes the importance women contribute to aviation and thus has partnered with Whirly-Girls International to assist women aviators in their career development. Bristow Group is offering five scholarships to Whirly-Girls to assist in the completion of their Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate.
“The scholarships provided by Bristow Group are a tremendous advantage for our members,” stated Dianna Stanger, President of the Whirly-Girls organization.
Bristow Group is a civilian helicopter transport company to worldwide offshore energy industries and is a leader in search and rescue services. Furthermore, Bristow Group operates Bristow Academy, the world’s largest commercial helicopter training service provider.
The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational, and charitable organization dedicated to advancing women in helicopter aviation.
For more information on Bristow Group, please visit http://www.bristowgroup.com.
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1
- WR-ALC completes first TH-1H proof-of-concept overhaul
- New FreeFlight ADS-B receiver reduces reliance on ground, radar stations
- 50+ North Sea workers isolating after rig flights
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20