The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has announced an additional five scholarships to be awarded to women in the helicopter aviation industry. The additional scholarships available are due to the commitment of the Bristow Group to support advancing the careers of the international organization’s members. According to Colleen Chen, Whirly-Girl Vice President of Scholarships, the number of scholarships available for 2016 are at a record setting of 24.
The Whirly-Girls organization is an international organization of over 1800 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries. Bristow Group recognizes the importance women contribute to aviation and thus has partnered with Whirly-Girls International to assist women aviators in their career development. Bristow Group is offering five scholarships to Whirly-Girls to assist in the completion of their Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate.
“The scholarships provided by Bristow Group are a tremendous advantage for our members,” stated Dianna Stanger, President of the Whirly-Girls organization.
Bristow Group is a civilian helicopter transport company to worldwide offshore energy industries and is a leader in search and rescue services. Furthermore, Bristow Group operates Bristow Academy, the world’s largest commercial helicopter training service provider.
The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational, and charitable organization dedicated to advancing women in helicopter aviation.
For more information on Bristow Group, please visit http://www.bristowgroup.com.
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories